Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Another "Milner" Clone Coupe Finally Finished

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Eric Satterfield, Aug 1, 2019.

1. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Love'n that,dose look like a ton of fun. Good job!
    If you find your having any steering wired stuff,feeling wise;Look in to putting less front wheel scrub*,by using less out set front rims { you would need to do small mod too front fender brackets to center fenders over tire. But steering would be smoother an braking as well.

loudbang likes this.
  2. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I'm glad to see you stuck with it and got it ironed out, looks like a blast.

loudbang likes this.
  3. Cool car! You make West Virginia proud! Hope you bring it to Charleston for the Rod Run & Doo Wop show in October (www.charlestonwvcarshow.com).

4. derbydad276

derbydad276

pics of glove box full of speeding tickets?

5. upspirate

upspirate

I have the tag that would look good on it! IMG_2232.JPG

6. Nicely done, I like the slightly taller grill shell, I always thought that was a goofy spot with how down hill it ran on that car.

ffr1222k likes this.
  7. flamingokid

flamingokid

That car changed my life. I wanted to see it when it first came out, but the parents were worried it might be edgier than it was. In 1975, we went to Breckenridge over Christmas and the local theater was showing it, it was my lucky day. The music, that car...perfect.

Nicholas Coe likes this.
  8. 5window

5window

The car looks great and you did a fine job, should be proud. But, I have to say, unless the original is gone-like Roth's Mysterion-I just don't get the attraction of building a clone of someone else's car. This is not a criticism of your fine work, I just really don't understand the concept?

K13 likes this.
  9. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Did you build 1/24th scale hot rod models as a kid?
    I did as did most of my friends that I hung with in on my street. We were probably 10-14 yrs old.

We couldn’t drive yet, but we sure did love a “jacked up” 55 hardtop Chevy or a cool Hot Rod Coupe or Roadster. Mind you, many of the cars didn’t get built as the car in the box, we improvised and built what we viewed as cool. Our interpretation.

I built a AMT 58 Impala, I think the artwork on the cover was kinda medium blue..... you could build it 3 ways. I opted to build the 58 Steve Bolander AG Impala. It wasn’t exactly the car, but was close.

Later I built the 32 Milner Coupe. Again with slight variations. I was 10 as I said, I liked the cars and couldn’t “legally” drive, so this was something that kept me in tune with these cars till I was old enough to drive. Kids I don’t believe have that these days.....

I don’t remember seeing a 34 3 W coupe offered by Revell AMT or Monogram back then, or I’d build a “California Kid”Coupe then. (I did do my own build in full size of a 34 3W in my 20’s)

I plan to do a full scale movie version in the future of the CK 34 hopefully using some of the surviving members of the original build..... I guess for some of us it’s just our way of paying tribute to the original builders. Ya gotta love Hot Rods!!!!!! Good Read !;)

Stogy and Jim Bouchard like this.
  10. 5window

5window

Thanks for your insight. Sure, I built a ton of models as a kid-$1.49 at the Hobby Lobby-local and long before the chain. But, I never built one with modifying it.

Cyclone Kevin likes this.
  11. Great looking car! Drive it and enjoy it. Milner would be proud! NYC34777.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice job. Now get out and drive the wheels off it. Just be careful of that black 55 Chevy that may be looking for you. :)

Eric Satterfield and Stogy like this.
  13. m.ralph

m.ralph

Here was my 32 5 window, wasn't trying to make a Milner coupe, but so many people made comments about it looking like it. It was a fun coupe to drive, got lots of attention.

DSCN1659.JPG

14. AHotRod

AHotRod

Job well done Erik

15. Latigo

Latigo

Fastest car in the Valley! Love it. Nice job!

16. ol skool chevy

ol skool chevy

just love that 32 someday I will have one

17. Are those for sale?

Cyclone Kevin likes this.
  18. 56shoebox

56shoebox

They're on Ebay for $12.50 and free shipping.

Nicholas Coe likes this.
  19. ol skool chevy

ol skool chevy

they are I bought these a year ago for 20.00 each plus shipping
    thank you I will remove them

20. ol skool chevy

ol skool chevy

they are I bought these a year ago for 20.00 each plus shipping
    thank you I will remove them