Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '31 Ford Parts

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by NbdyHome2, Aug 4, 2019.

1. NbdyHome2

NbdyHome2

What are they worth? What should I reasonably ask for?
    I'm tired of asking a price and somebody telling me I'm out of my mind or that they've seen parts for much less. I know some people are trying to get something for nothing, but I trust a lot of the opinions on here. If you have one, I'd like to hear it.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

kidcampbell71 and Stogy like this.
  2. low down A

low down A

if you didn't see and hear them motors run yesterday about 100 to 150 each, them old beat up,split fenders 50 to 75 each, hood the same. stock model A running gear you about have to give it away. 30-31 grill shell not worth what a 28-29 shell is in that 50 to 75 range. that rolling chassie 500 to 1500 depending on how good the mechanicals are.

3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not that it really matters IF the parts were together I believe it's actually a 30. Is there a title...the frame will most likely have a Vin# on the driver side top rail just under the center aft cowl area...and the motor# may match the Vin on the frame...

If you have a title with it I suppose that will add value...hope you make some dollars for your next project. I wish you success in this second attempt at moving it...it is real steel so that helps too if its solid with surface rust only that counts to.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  4. pitman

pitman

Was gonna say, I paid 100. for each fender and shell in 2010.

5. Basically what you have - is what everyone else is discarding. Multiple that by how much of that like stuff you have has been discarded over the years - then take about 80% off. I keep some of my old cars going by the stock stuff that's discarded for an upgrade - I don't always get it free - bought a sweet running Studebaker V/8 for $300 just the other day with a trans - the truck was going resto mod after the truck was restored - so I got the front clip as well. Just lots of Model A mechanicals stuff out there - body parts not so much - but lots don't want the fenders and such anyway.

6. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I’ve bought whole sets of “okay” fenders front and rear with the running boards for $100

I’ve paid $25-40 for decent individual fenders before

I’ve given away sets of dual side mount ‘28-29 fenders to a friend, with the side mount mounts.

My personal experience, yours may vary. I think a lot depends on people’s needs. A buddy sold a running Model a engine for a lot more than I thought it was worth, but hey, I don’t know some of these things.

That being said, I’m looking for the rear hood hinge frame brackets for a 30-31, if y’all have a pair you’re willing to drop in a envelope. ;)

7. NbdyHome2

NbdyHome2

Yes, forgot to mention that. There is a title.

1931 4-Banger Racer

Stogy likes this.
  8. NbdyHome2

NbdyHome2

Can you find a picture as an example of what to look for? I'm drowning in a sea of parts.

1931 4-Banger Racer

9. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

if you're keeping the body, you better keep the title too.

Stogy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  10. The serial number is on the frame, ask your local DMV how to handle it.

Charlie Stephens

Stogy likes this.