Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1933 FORD TRUCK CAB TO MODEL A FRAME?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Time Bandit, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Time Bandit

Time Bandit

Hey does anyone know if a 1933 or 34 Ford cab would fit on a model a frame? Or would it not line up at all. I just thought the would be so close in age but I know model A's cut of at 31

2. F&J

F&J

The A frame rails are closer together, so if you are asking if the body mounting spots will match up? then no they won't.

Anything can be modified to "fit", but I'd prefer the later frames. 32-34
    If you post your location on your avatar like most do, somebody might know of a 33/34 frame in your general area of the USA, Canada, or wherever you live. I say that as a local friend has a 34 pickup chassis he would sell, but it needs work.

Time Bandit and slv63 like this.
  3. A frame is narrower.You could weld mounting pads on the top edge of the frame so they line up with the 33 body holes.If your channeling it then you would be recreating the whole floor/sub-frame any way.A frame is about 3 inches shorter too.You would be custom building bed mounts too.

4. Yes,..it's been done, tryin to find a pic of my buddy's truck

5. Time Bandit

Time Bandit

Thanks for your help, I had an opportunity to buy a 33 cab but I have a 30 A chassis. I'm looking for a coupe but there impossible to find in Ca for a good price.

classiccarjack likes this.
  6. ...found one pic,...still lookin for more...cab, hood, grille are 33 Ford, rest is Model A,...ran a pinto 4 banger..
    P1011922.JPG

7. fleetside66

fleetside66

Although my frame is obviously doctored up to attain a lower stance, it is essentially a Model A configuration. This was a case like F&J mentioned above, where I force fit the cab to the frame. None of the attachment points really resembled the factory ones.
    P1012391.jpg P1013535.jpg

exterminator and kidcampbell71 like this.
  8. ^^^nice job on that truck, very nice proportions...

9. ...scan'd a couple more pics,...sadly this truck ended up in an accident...
    lar scotts 33A.jpg

10. ...a lot of it will be saved...
    scott b pu 3.jpg scott 2.jpg

11. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

12. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

13. ...it was hit at an intersection, both people in the truck survived luckily.

dwollam likes this.
  14. Cleat

Cleat
    from Gifford WA

Did you go with the 33 on the a chassis? I'm going to put my 32 cab on a 29 A chassis.

15. that wrecked truck was a 33-4 cab, hood, grille on a Model a chassis/fenders

16. Time Bandit

Time Bandit

Went with a 29 sport coupe but after seeing how nice your truck was I regret my decision