Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<< Friday Art Show 8/2/19 >>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, Aug 1, 2019.

1. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Everything about this work of art is right on. I'm digging the car, the figure with the sombrero
    facing downward adds a touch of whimsy and the "street art" in the background is well done
    and is extremely realistic. This simply stopped me in my tracks.

2. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

That makes it a work of art.

3. Nothing that a little work it the vise wont fix :D....

2.jpg

catdad49, verde742, pwschuh and 5 others like this.
  4. HotrodHR

HotrodHR

5. the problem is the spring is too short. the oil filler has the proper bracket.

clem, catdad49, verde742 and 7 others like this.
  6. And make sure bracket is strong, securely welded etc. Been there, done that (wide open failure). Interesting... a 'high- resolution' experience.

Lepus, catdad49, Stogy and 1 other person like this.
  7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't believe that is the case at all...different font, creepy yes as Deaths Doorstep Might warrant.

Different angle and style...both Artists are quite accomplished and have a photo realistic style I again disagree and I wish Gary would return...its been a while...

It's interesting a week or so ago I modded a Telsa artwork to a Hamb friendly standard...but what I was struck by was his drawing style was very similar to mine...I had never saw his work before...

It is not uncommon to have similar styling especially when the subject is the same...

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    catdad49 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  8. Made my way to Louisville, KY for the NSRA show today. So I am late to this one.

A newly painted sign.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sancho, catdad49, Lil32 and 13 others like this.
  9. You’re not late, you’re just early for next week.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

catdad49, Stogy and AVater like this.
  10. Dedsoto

Dedsoto
    from Australia
    1. Aussie HAMBers

Looks like Social Distortion's "Skelly" logo with the cigar and martini swapped out. LA punk band formed in late 70's

11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Dedsoto I think you nailed it...
    This Roadster was sold thru Ebay quite some time ago for $1000 to a Hamber...he had a shop do a modest upgrade leaving things pretty much as found and part of that was a trip to El Mirage...:confused:...I think for some period filming as it had a revered past and the art was added by Hamber @sr...I'm a little confused but I think SR did acquire it after the fact...the thread is below and contains video of the festivities. What a blast that must have been...

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...-the-32-roadster-from-ebay-and-beppie.307568/

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    chryslerfan55 and catdad49 like this.
  12. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@AVater ...Excelent job keeping your selfie outa that headlight! Beautiful shot.

Stogy and AVater like this.
  13. That is the issue! :)You win an all expense paid trip to the junk yard.:p

14. I was gone on Friday so I had to do the Friday Art Show on Saturday. What a terrific show it was. Thanks to all you guys for sharing your work with us. I absolutely loved it.
    Later,
    Dick

15. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Way cool ..........

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  16. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Nice perspective and capture Ken ...........

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  17. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Bob...;)...this was a revisit to an artwork I did for a thread on Making Out in the Hotrod...like all the works I do it was fun and a challenge at the same time...I'll see if I can find the link it was an interesting thread...

I would also like to take this moment to thank all the others for their appreciation of my Stogyisms...I am very passionate about this and your and my adventures in Hotrod/Custom fuel my creativity...

Really great show all and the Door is still open...Keepem' Coming...;)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  18. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Thank you Shutter speed for your kind words. Funny thing is I tried to take the photo from several angles but kept getting some of me in the picture. Finally took the shot from the drivers seat and it worked.

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and catdad49 like this.
  19. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Aha! Hiding in plane sight! It's a rare magician gives up his trick. Thanks.

Stogy and catdad49 like this.
  20. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I did a little more research on this Hotrod and it was alluded to have been modded by Harry Westergard...not sure if it was a highboy when Harry did his magic but may have done Mirage and went through the racing sans fenders...

I modded a streetscene to an El Mirage tribute and posted it some time ago and here it is for another visit...

West_MirageV2.JPG

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/friday-art-show.1111921/#post-12616872

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  21. catdad49

catdad49

Needed a new drink cup and WW only had white and pink, so this is what I came up with. First attempt with this sort of thing, rattle can art. IMG_1949.JPG IMG_1950.JPG IMG_1951.JPG

22. 1939 Ford tub in Black and White - Art
    [​IMG]

Jigger, tb33anda3rd, Lil32 and 3 others like this.