Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration A Car Guy's Bucket List... Make Yours Now.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Normant93

Normant93

Lot's of stuff I'd like to do, but my big one is sort of my own personal "Triple Crown".
    Drive (not trailer) my sbc powered Healey out to Bonneville for speed week and run it for race 1, then on the way back east, run it the HAMB drags for race 2, then back home, a couple weeks to clean, prep & check everything, then run the Vintage road racing event Labor Day weekend at Lime Rock for race # 3. Seems like it would be pretty fun and a hell of a "reliability run" for the car!
    Well...……. still have at least one more year of kids tuition payments before I can think too seriously about it, so maybe in the mean time, I'll aim to drive the Catalina down to the Round Up next Spring, that's another one on the list.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. I'm building a 59 apache right now. Got a vintage bed topper for it. Plan is to drive rt 66 in it. After that, I want to do trips all over and eventually take it to 48 states.

In 1969 or 1970, my Dad drove a 60's era Ford Falcon van up to Anchorage Alaska from Chicago by himself. I would like to recreate that trip with my 59

3. 1929rats

1929rats

I want to drive from MA to CA and drive the Pacific highway in a roadster, and then back.... I WILL do this one of these days....been dreaming of this for years.

4. Davkin

Davkin
    from SLC, Utah

I don't normally do commissions but if the subject interests me I might give it a go. Maybe take it to direct message from here.

5. Dman

Dman

My kind of bucket list is pretty simple.
    I want to drive my old car on Route 66 from start to finish.
    I want to ride in a rumble seat.
    I want to ride in a tank.

I am sure that I can come up with some others but these are the ones that I have always wanted to do since I was young.

6. ratrodrodder

ratrodrodder
    from Boston

Great to see the variety here... Some folks like to see, some like to do. I'm in both camps:
    1- Drive the Nurburgring
    2 - Watch an F1 race, preferably at Monaco or Spa
    3 - Pebble Beach / Monterey Historics
    4 - Pomona Swap Meet / LA Roadster Show
    5 - Bonneville (happy to crew, giddy to drive!)
    6 - Le Mans Classic sounds amazing
    7 - Goodwood Revival
    8 - Hershey I've done once, and am always willing to go again
    9 - Race a hillclimb (maybe the Hot Rod Hill Climb?) - I've ridden as a passenger, but I'd love to be in the correct seat next time
    10 - Legal drag race, perhaps TROG?