Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Aarons 29 AV8 coupe build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Aaron D., Jul 27, 2016.

1. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Looks great, I'm really impressed, with the whole car. What a cool hot rod!

irishsteve likes this.
  2. Aaron D.

Aaron D.

Thanks Blues4U, I almost have the roof done too, but the rain gutters are a bitch! I cannot get them to snap together!

3. Wow! I didn’t plan to finish an interior when I eventually build my A but you’ve made it look very doable! Great job!

4. Aaron D.

Aaron D.

5. greaser

greaser

Great job Aaron. You are a man of many talents. Thanks again for doing the detailed videos of the build. I'm already looking forward to your next project.

6. Jeff34

Jeff34

Awesome work as usual Aaron! Love that coupe!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

7. Looks great Aaron!! Thx for the video. Didn't know you could sew!! A man of many talents.

8. Aaron D.

Aaron D.

Thanks guys.
    I finally put the vinyl top on.

9. flatford8

flatford8
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Lyman,ME.

Okay........so now let’s go for a ride with top on!!!.....great video as usual.....thanks, Mark

Aaron D. likes this.
  10. Looks great Aaron!! Thanks as always for the excellent video!!

Aaron D. likes this.
  11. Great job on the top! Looks professionally done.

Aaron D. likes this.
  12. Aaron D.

Aaron D.

Thanks guys.

Picture of the Coupe in front of an old house in town.
    [​IMG]

Tim, brEad, lodaddyo and 2 others like this.
  13. Jeff34

Jeff34

Nice! How is Oregon treating you Aaron?

14. Aaron D.

Aaron D.

Really nice. I love it here, and it's great to get back to the West Coast.

Jeff34 likes this.
  15. RKS.PA

RKS.PA

Aaron, I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed following along with all your posts and videos during your '29 A build. And, watching you, I've learned a lot about shop techniques and parts fabrication!! I got my wife to watch you and your wife on your "first drive".....we both can relate to that experience...and I believe you said, "There is only one first drive!!"

You've motivated me to make some changes on my '27 T Coupe hot rod and I thought I was all finished with that car!!

I love what you've done and I love your car!!

Regards......Dick.

brEad and Aaron D. like this.
  16. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Aaron, these videos you've done will be of immense help to people doing builds, as well as great information for those who may never take on a build but find the information fascinating; you deserve a huge thanks for taking the time to share all of this with the world. Thank you! Now, enjoy that hot rod!

brEad and Aaron D. like this.
  17. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Man, much like many of your other videos I’ve watched dozens of times that last one was fantastic.

You really show cased a lot of good tips and tricks and illustrated that even with them it’s still gonna be tedious and take a lot of time.

Often guys make it seem like they did it real quick in an afternoon and zip zap it’s in. I appreciate the real was because then we know what we are in for!

Two questions, first where did you get your top fabric/vinyl? You may have mentioned it but I can’t recall.

Also, what finally got those gutters on? What was the issue?

I assume it was just a pain in the ass and eventually you got them to work but I had to ask.

Thanks and congrats on another great improvement on an already fantastic car

18. Aaron D.

Aaron D.

@RKS.PA , @Blues4U , @Tim ,thank you guys for all the cool comments. I do hope the videos help people, and it's nice to know the time and effort it takes to film, edit, post and link, is all worth it. I appreciate the kudos.
    Tim, I bought the top from Macs.
    I had a hell of a time getting the outside gutters to snap onto the mounted part of the gutters. I don't know if I warped the mounted portion putting in the screws or what, but it just wouldn't snap on. I finally decided either it's going to go on or I'm going to ruin it, at that point I hit it real hard with my rubber mallet, it snapped on, so I just kept pounding it, and it finally snapped on. I did have to put one screw on each side at the curved portion to keep it together back there. The trim piece will cover the screw, so you'll never know its there.

Tim and brEad like this.
  19. RKS.PA

RKS.PA

Maybe that installation success came from righteous living and the hot rod gods smiling down on you!!:)

48fordnut, brEad and Blues4U like this.
  20. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

A hammer saves the day again! Thanks for the info man :)

21. Aaron D.

Aaron D.

Took the Coupe to the 48th annual all Ford picnic and car show today, it ran perfect on the hour drive each way. On the way home we took this little video:cool::cool:

Blues4U, brEad, kadillackid and 5 others like this.
  22. RKS.PA

RKS.PA

Aaron, your car looks and sounds awesome!! That trip is helping to seat those rings you so carefully installed!! Unrelated, but related, in the MIG welding you included in your build videos, are your using shielding gas or flux core wire? Am debating which kind of MIG welder to buy. Have a stick and Oxy/Acc. now, but need to do some sheet metal work on my T. The flex core only welder is a lot cheaper.

Thanks for posting that video from yesterday.

brEad likes this.
  23. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I think I delivered the paper to that house when I was a kid.

24. Aaron D.

Aaron D.

Thanks RKS.PA, I use shielded gas and .025 wire. I kinda wish I would have bought a TIG welder at the beginning though. The Eastwood TIG200 was calling my name, still is! haha.

brEad likes this.
  25. Aaron D.

Aaron D.

DDDenny, that house is in Stayton. I think it's called the Brown House. Are you around the Stayton area?

26. manitouguy

manitouguy

Aaron - just wanted to chime in like others and thank you for posting all your info and fantastic videos - I’ve watched them all and will be going back to them many times ... just starting to post on a ‘28 coupe project - I’m totally overwhelmed but Loving it and your build and so much on here is hugely inspirational - thanks! Ron

27. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

What a inspiration.

Thanks,

jim

28. RKS.PA

RKS.PA

Thanks, Aaron, for the answer to my MIG question.....now I know which welder I'm buying. On the TIG subject, I remember your saying you took those pieces to you work. You also said you weren't a great welder, but I thought your beads looks pretty good to me. There's probably a TIG welder in your future somewhere!!!:rolleyes:

29. Aaron D.

Aaron D.

Thank you Ron. I read your post and will be following your build.

30. Aaron D.

Aaron D.

Thanks Jim and RKS.PA

48fordnut likes this.