Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wanted:model A coupster pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by greazhonkey, Jun 5, 2009.

1. missysdad1

missysdad1

DSC_1059.JPG week2.2.jpg day3.16.jpg It would seem that there are more and more really well-done coupsters showing up. Probably because even rough roadster bodies are getting more and more expensive - when they can be found at all. There's no question that convincing coupsters can be made from sports coupes and even closed coupes if the owner takes his time and does it right.

I bought mine just a month or so ago and wouldn't dream of trading it for a real roadster. Even though I'm fairly small - 5' 5" tall / 140 lbs. - I really like all the room inside and the low seating position. And the long doors make getting in and out much easier. And yes, I really do like the body proportions as well as the practical aspects.

Also... If anybody recognizes this car and can give me some background - it came from the West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina area in the '90s and might have previously been a metallic maroon color - I'd sure appreciate it.

Let's see some more H.A.M.B. coupsters!

Spoggie likes this.
  2. smokno

smokno
    from nanaimo

3. smokno

smokno
    from nanaimo

Here's mine , 29 Sport Coupe . Doors lengthened 5 " and sectioned 1- 1 /2 " (removed the belt line ) , then flush fit . Windshield rolled back and lift off top made

Ogden Point.png

3340 and Spoggie like this.
  4. smokno

smokno
    from nanaimo

Here's mine , 29 Sport Coupe . Doors lengthened 5 " and sectioned 1- 1 /2 " (removed the belt line ) , then flush fit . Windshield rolled back and lift off top made

5. rgrhoward

rgrhoward

This is beautiful!

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The first one was at The Sea Galley Thursday night cruise night in Union Gap before the Vintiques NW Nats. Thursday.
    That car has attitude with the raked back posts. So much I never noticed the for sale signs until I posted these photos.
    Smokno's car can hold it's own with any of them. Again the posts are sightly raked
    IMG_7237.JPG IMG_7236.JPG IMG_7240.JPG IMG_6511.JPG

Spoggie likes this.
  7. rgrhoward

rgrhoward

I realize I am bringing this post back from about 9 years ago. Do you have any good pictures of how you thinned the doors?

8. no55mad

no55mad

28 Sport Coupe body with 30 Deluxe Roadster cowl on 32 frame, 401 Nailhead, BW 4 sp, 9" rear. Blast to drive! Built by a Hamb'r in Michigan. IMG_0719.JPG IMG_0728.JPG MarchMeet15 016.JPG

Spoggie likes this.
  9. Ahh this thread is killer, all good