Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Liquid tire balancer

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 28fordroadster, Jul 19, 2019.

1. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

"Most manufacturers suggest racing tires be static balanced (also called "bubble balance"). Static balancing ensures the tire is balanced around its circumference, even as it deforms. This reduces vibrations at high speed and enhances tread life.
    Dynamic balancing (also called "spin balance") a bias ply tire is not recommended. Dynamic balancing works best on radial tires that do not deform much when spinning."
    https://help.summitracing.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/658/~/are-racing-tires-supposed-to-be-balanced?

2. Never thought of this.... I'm running the beads in the front tires of my Model A and no problem yet but after this I will rethink it when it comes time to change tires. Thanks

3. 28fordroadster

28fordroadster

Thanks for all the great answers! This is very helpful

4. chiro

chiro

Dyna beads all the way. No fuss, no muss. And the beads AREN'T plastic. They're ceramic and they don't break down. They've been using them in tractor trailers for years and they DON'T eat away at the rubber. AND you can get them into the tubes of your bias plys as well. I like them because they WORK. No issues on my 16" '35 Ford wires with big and littles PLUS you don't have to look at any fugly weights clamped onto your nicely painted wheels. Those fugly weights distract from the beauty of the wheel and I don't care WHO balances your tires on WHAT machine, the beads are 100% dynamic and balance every...single...time. They don't have to be recalibrated by a factory tech and they're never hung over, grumpy or just plain bad at their job or indifferent about doing it right. Read up on them. They're cheap, easy and they work. 4 ounces per tire (or whatever they recommend for your tire size) and you NEVER have to worry about balancing them again.

Andy

LOST ANGEL and gimpyshotrods like this.
  5. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

6. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

If they don’t eat the rubber, then why are they white when you put them in, and black and dusty when you dismount the tire later on?
    I’ve ran them in semi truck steering tires myself, but when I saw the black dusty mess that came out of the tire, I said never again. It may not be enough to actually hurt the tire, but I’d rather not trust my life on a tire being eaten away from the inside.

Your results may vary.

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  7. Gangrene

Gangrene

20190723_123922.jpg 20190723_124526.jpg top pic is a tire with 5000 miles and beads in it bottom pic is brand new see that stringy crap that's where the rubber dust comes from you find in the beads when you dismount

chiro likes this.
  8. rosstom

rosstom

Counteract beads are also great for fixing any balance issue especially on narrow tires.