Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Who Drives With Their Headlights On During The Daytime?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ct1932ford, Jul 26, 2019.

1. gsjohnny

gsjohnny

05 truck has drl's. when I tow the dragster, all my lights are on. don't trust anybody. left hand turns I will wait until its safe to go. the other scenario is the idiots that don't turn on their in the dark. plenty of them in ct. used to have a 65 gs that had aircraft landing lights for hi-beams. buttheads were straighten out a few times. lol

2. LBCD

LBCD

Yea! I see numerous drivers on my way to work into Downtown LA at 5 AM driving with their daytime lights on...tail lights not lit up in the dark.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Deuces, 61Cruiser and ct1932ford like this.
  3. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

Never thought about this. My truck and cars have daytime running lights. From now on my 28 Roadster will too. Thanks

ct1932ford likes this.
  4. 48ford

48ford

I think it’s a great idea!

ct1932ford likes this.
  5. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Might as well get a couple of those flashing beacon lights they use on school busses and put one front and back if you’re that afraid of not being seen. While you’re at it, put in some wrap around airbags and put on some 5 mph bumpers.

Yeah, I’m being sarcastic. But if you’re that afraid of not being seen you might as well leave the rods and customs in the garage and drive the late models.

I drive 300-500 miles a day, have got over 2 million safe miles, and unless it’s low light conditions, I don’t pay any attention to whether you have your lights on or not. But I notice those stupid drivers ( hopefully nobody here) that go down the road at night with ONLY their daytime running lights on and NO TAILIGHTS ON!!! They think because their dash lights are on the tails are, too. NO, they’re not wired that way anymore. You used to know if you didn’t have dash lights you probably didn’t have tail lights, either.

Deuces, LBCD, sidevalve8ba and 2 others like this.
  6. I too have driven well over 50 years, plus cross country twice and only had one person drive into me. I did not have my lights on that day way back in the early 80's, when a young kid totaled my 55 Chevy! If I had my lights on would he have not hit me? Who knows, but if there is one chance in a thousand it could have been avoided, I'll take it. I did not bring this subject up in order to tell people what to do. Just to think about it. And that seems to have worked. Be safe out there!

Deuces likes this.
  7. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Yes I do, my dad put the those little "third eye" mini-headlights on all our family cars in the 60's. Just like 3rd brake lights, you really noticed them, especially at long distances on the interstate. But they really didn't catch on and were more or less superseded by daytime running lights, IMHO. Daytime running lights don't cost an extra nickel to run, won't decrease the already insanly long life of the bulbs and should extinguish when you shut the car off automatically. If not, rewire them properly. And if you are using weak-tit rear lamps and brake lights, fix those, too. While I'm on the soap box, only thing worse are the idiots who run fog or driving lights in the daytime ICW their headlights on clear, sunny days. I guess they just HAVE to be seen?

8. I do, It helps with curious stops by LEO's to check that its road legal , which it is. It might help be seen but in this day and age of distracted drivers, I doubt anything will help with that.

Attached Files:

9. I don't. Too easy to park the car and get out and leave them on. New cars will beep, hiss and fart at you to tell you the lights are on. Close to dusk or in the rain I'll put the parking lights on.

sidevalve8ba likes this.
  10. 52lomofo

52lomofo

I remember in july of 1990 the girlfriend at the time had a new 90 s10 we went Bristol to for super chevy Sunday drove down from east coast of Canada it had day time running lights everytime we stopped someone was telling us our dam lights are on what's with that lol