Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features **1941-1946 Chevy Truck Picture Thread**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Arrowood Rod & Kustom, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Yes the blackout side lights are interesting . Probably someone in the military collectors group would be interested in them .
    Yes my pickup is a '40 .
    The front guards ('41 - '46) are much wider than the pickup as well as the larger wheel opening , It would be a time consuming thing to adjust.
    The rear guards are the same '40 - '46 , the '39 rear guards are about 2" wider (due to the narrower deck for that year) and are good for putting wider wheels under .
    Mostly these are very hard to find here and perhaps you might consider f/glass alternative .
    I got some f/glass '46 rear guards from a manufacturer in Blenheim . They are only of very average quality but finished off and on the truck will be ok .
    What part of NZ are you in.

2. surf10

surf10

Ok so bearing in mind I dont have access to a half ton 41-46 truck to measure.

Based on the dimension drawing from the GM heritage site. I've been looking at the measurement across the fenders which reads to me that a light truck is 72 9/16 of an inch compared with 1ton and above at 72 3/8" seems pretty close to me.

I can't find anything that states the dimension of the guard height or wheel opening size. I can image finding rear guards will be tricky, fiberglass ones could be used for a pattern.

I'm down in Invercargill, what part Canterbury are you?

Cheers Craig

3. North Canterbury , I drove to Blenheim to get the rear guards . Seemed easiest at the time . LOL .

surf10 likes this.
  4. jerry rigged

jerry rigged

Any chance of reviving this thread? Seems I'm always late to the party. Truck "A" + Truck "B" = ?

Attached Files:

5. Okie46chevy

Okie46chevy
    from Edmond

My 46chevy. Done 20yrs ago. Needs a good update soon.

Attached Files:

jerry rigged likes this.
  6. Jrusher

Jrusher

Here’s my 45 that has no drivetrain and my 46 all original survivor . I just ordered a heidts MII front end and TCI rear leaf leaf kit for the 45 . Have a 327 l79 engine tucked away that I’ll use in it and a 10 bolt Chevelle rear end out of my 67 Malibu . Not sure which tranny i”ll use yet probably an automatic . Should be fun I’ve been building the 1960-66 c10s last bunch of years ls swapping them turbo etc so this will be abit of change go with old school type build keep it simple and drivable on hiway

Attached Files:

firstinsteele likes this.