Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Victory Climate Systems

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seabeecmc, Jul 26, 2019.

1. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Does anyone happen to have the wiring schematic for a 088-00303 Victory unit to assist me? Regards, Ron View attachment 4366292

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  2. squirrel

squirrel

they generally have one wire to the blower switch providing power, and another wire from the thermostat to the compressor clutch. Hopefully you didn't cut any wires inside the unit?

olscrounger likes this.
  3. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

2019 07 14 Evaporator - Final install.jpg
    This Speedway unit was also made by Victory Climate Systems (as verified by the Q & A section in the Speedway website.

It has 3 wires the following is copied from the same Q & A section:

"The wiring is as follows:
    "RED WIRE/ 12 VOLT SWITCHED
    BLUE WIRE: 12 VOLT AC CLUTCH OUTPUT
    BLACK WIRE: BLOWER MOTOR GROUND"

And from my recent installation notes:

"Unit has just 3 connections (+12 Volts, ground and compressor clutch) "

4. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Appreciate the response. Ron

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019

5. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

Seabee, I missed the heater part in the first question. I need to go outside and fix something before the rains return....

I've installed 4 aftermarket A/C units over the years, right now I have more questions than answers. I'll try to talk you thru a diagnosis. I suspect that this unit has electric servomotor actuators

First question: Can you physically confirm that the BLACK wire in the top 2 pictures goes to a ground?

2nd: In the first picture, does the WHITE wire end up at the 20 amp fuse holder in the last picture?

3rd: Not in any pictures, does this A/C, heater unit also connect to the defroster ducts?

4th: In the first picture, upper-left, there are several small wires going to what I suspect is an electric servomotor actuator. Is this part of the under dash unit (ie physically attached)?

5th: The 3rd & 4th pictures show a Cole Hersee relay (High quality brand).

5a. Does the RED wire (vertical in picture 4) go directly the the relay plug?

5b. Was the YELLOW wire (vertical in picture 4) cut off from the mess in the last picture?

5c. The light duty wires trigger the relay - does the BLACK wire go to ground?

5d. Where does the OINK wire go to?

5e. Where does the ORANGE wire go to?

6th: Trace the wire from the compressor clutch back - where does it end up and what color is it when it gets to the unit or relay?

Just maybe we can figure out where everything goes and not let the smoke out...

Good luck, Russ

p.s. Save my user name, in case the "Tradition Police" complain and get this thread "POOFED"... Something like "Traditional rods don't have air conditioning, on the old HAMB this wound be deleted <REPORT>. If I sound a "little twitchy", I was in a deleted thread yesterday <sigh>.

I have saved this off-line, so we can continue working on this.

6. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

Still "twitchy" about the Tradition Police, I am working this directly with seabeecmc thru conversations.

7. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

I just have to say it. Anything I ever work on that I never dealt with ever before in terms of wiring be it anything. Always study where they go and what they do before snipping away.

8. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

Johhy, thanks. We are making some progress using conversations. My last set of questions are looking for where the wires go.

9. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

A quick followup.

After looking at lots of under-dash pictures, we settled on 3 wires coming out of his Victory AC/heat unit. My Speedy/Victory AC unit has different colored wires. Many wires under the dash, left over from the previous owner(s).

12 Volt and compressor clutch.jpg
    The WHITE wire will go to the AC fuse on his new fuse box.
    The BLACK wire goes to the compressor clutch

Ground wire for Fan.jpg
    Hard to see, this BLACK wire goes to ground (provides a ground for the fan motor).

10. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Russ, I expect the unit will work correctly now. Ron

TrailerTrashToo likes this.