Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 1932 Ford Vicky vin

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Oakhurst, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Oakhurst

Oakhurst

Looking at a stock bodied 1932 Ford Victoria shown a vin of BCS 2671. Cannot figure out this number. What am I missing?

2. mike in tucson

mike in tucson
    from Tucson

Technically, a VIN is a federal mandated number identification that didn't start until 1968. Before
    then, cars had serial numbers that were consecutive and had no definitive info about the year, model,
    etc. However, your BCS 2671 is not a Ford serial number.... probably a state issued identifier. Can you
    send pic
    Is the body steel? Is the frame original? IF the frame is original there should be a
    number on the top of the frame rail just in front of the firewall foot on the driver side.
    Number is NOT on a tag. Ford never put a serial number on a tag in 1932.

warbird1, LOU WELLS and lurker mick like this.
  3. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

My first guess (http://www.wnyrg.org/canvins.html) Canadian car seems wrong...but it sure looks like that style.
    Where is this # on the car, and what does it look like? It might be a state issued serial from a car without s proper original.

Moriarity likes this.
  4. To the best of my knowledge all US produced Model A's had serial numbers stamped into the frame. These numbers were the same as the number on the engine that was installed into the vehicle on the assembly line. When Ford subcontracted bodies they came with a body # tag to track the body. Bodies produced by Ford did not have a body # tag. Records of body numbers were not maintained and they were not used to identify the completed vehicle. Of course the DMV's sometimes used this body # tag number in error. It should be noted that this thread is about '32's that also had the number stamped into the frame as well as body # tags for the bodies that were subcontracted.

Charlie Stephens

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    Speedy Canuck, warbird1 and LOU WELLS like this.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Charles, I can never figure out why people think they need to throw out irrelevant information that is off topic for the thread.

6. The VIN on my 1932 PU was under the cab.I believe it started with AB then a number.

7. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Are you looking at the Murray body tag # on the pass side floor board?

8. desotot

desotot

BCS British Columbia Serial # If it was assigned here in BC it is a low number done a long time ago, now the # includes an assignment date.

big duece likes this.
  9. Oakhurst

Oakhurst

I am contacting the seller now. I'm sure it is an assigned number. It is on a plate riveted to the body.

10. b-bob

b-bob

a picture may help. Someone may recognise it.