Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hot rod shop of milwaukee

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Trace barnes, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Trace barnes

Trace barnes

Hwy...just signed up. I am soing clinicals for my med degree and am working with a client who was the original owner of the 'Hot Rod Shop of Milwaukee.
    He also ran a drag boat in the 50s/60s called the "Twinkie".
    This man is amazing and such a huge part of the hotrod scene. His pics are incredible! I just had to share if anyones interested!
    Take care...these guys are tucked away and so important!

Torkwrench, loudbang and catdad49 like this.
  2. John Stimac

John Stimac

Bob or Ralph?

loudbang likes this.
  3. Let's see those pics.

loudbang, hotrodharry2 and upspirate like this.
  4. Trace barnes

Trace barnes

Its Ralph.
    I will have to ask if I can have copies or make copies of the pics. I cant violate privacy laws. As soon as I can talk to family members I will. Im sure theyd be excited to share memories. He even has a patch and sticker from the shop mounted in a frame so I assume his family is proud of him. A really great guy.

loudbang likes this.

5. BJR

BJR

By posting about him I think you already did!:eek:

Tim and loudbang like this.
  6. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

um, yeah, I agree with BJR, as soon as ya said his name.

Tony

loudbang likes this.
  7. Trace barnes

Trace barnes

Actually no I didnt.
    However...to make you happy I wont post anymore.
    Thank you

8. not true. we get extensive training in regards to hiipa laws here at the hospital. anyone can call a hospital to find out if someone is there. telling information about the patients treatment or history is a federal crime. no crimes were committed here.

9. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Naw keep posting we just wanted to make sure you weren’t fucking yourself by violating hiipa, which @racer-x who would obviously know says your good.

As an aside if that was enough to get you flustered you might want to order some thicker skin or wear a jacket the next time you post

loudbang likes this.
  10. Trace barnes

Trace barnes

Thicker skin...lol. You dont know anything about my background.
    I stay away from sites like this bc when posting something exciting...instead of peoples excitement back...this is what happens.
    Like I said...Ill keep this posting about some great history here and no further. No time in my schedule for keyboard professionals. Take care

kidcampbell71 and deadbeat like this.
  11. Trace barnes

Trace barnes

A side note. Ive been in all aspects of medicine for 20 yrs. I KNOW I didn't violate HIPAA. But thanks for the re-assuarance ;)

milwscruffy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  12. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Hey man, stay here and contribute....
    Gotta understand with over three hundred thousand of members here you will get a lot of crap for most any post..
    Just ignore them..
    And welcome, glad you are here.. :) And please reconsider on those pictures...

deadbeat and texasred like this.
  13. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

On a lighter note (this thread needs one) ;
    A little girl is eating her hostess sponge cake while watching daddy get a haircut, the barber warns her "honey you're going to get hair on your Twinkie", little girl responds "Oh I know, mommy says my boobs are going to grow too". (insert laughter here).
    Ok,now, about those boat pics...:cool:

14. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I would rather say something, and be on the cautious side than have Johnny Law come a calling. My wife has been in the medical field for 15 years and I never here her say names, sorry for the screw up.

Now that that is out of the way lets here some more about the shop.

Tony

15. John Stimac

John Stimac

Please tell him that John Stimac sends his best regards, and that I think of him and Bob often.I ran a shop utilizing their name and art of the logo for several years with my late partner. I've got lots of stuff, counter cataloges etc... and photos that go back to their beginning.

16. Let's see your stuff to. I think they had a shop on walnut. I worked at 6th and walnut for a few years.
    Borchardts is still open on south 27th by college Avenue. Mike says he is close to retirement. Then all we will have is mail order.

loudbang likes this.
  17. John Stimac

John Stimac

Here's a teaser picture midwest speed and power 002.jpg

18. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks for pic - look forward to more, and more details about shop

loudbang likes this.
  19. John Stimac

John Stimac

I bough !cid_F99A355642A3446AB84C5B185F1570CE@StimacPC.jpg t the 22T coupe from Ralph and Bob, it was built by Tony Walker near Milwaukee in about 1947. That's me driving it in about 1974. I sold it to a guy named Larry Brown from Long Island NY

20. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Love the tall T.
    Tony

loudbang likes this.