Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Man, is it HOT in the foot hills of the Smoky Mountians this week end.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Fischer, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Boy near 100 here Sat and Sunday. I had both A.C. units going full blast down in my shop. I came up to the house to find the heat had drained every one. Hers a couple of pictures. LOL. Stay cool and safe guys.The temps are going to start dropping on Monday finally .Bruce. {Teresa and our kitten Calia} 002.JPG

catdad49, 51 BIRD, scotty t and 5 others like this.
  2. Knocked Sunny Girl out too.LOL.Bruce. 001.JPG

catdad49, 51 BIRD, Deuces and 5 others like this.
  3. Too hot here in the Ozarks. I go out at daybreak and do stuff for a couple of hours. Its supposed to cool down and the humidity drop for several days starting tomorrow?

4. Been in the mid to high nineties (a couple of days into the hundreds} since May. Can't get much done with the humidity.

5. Cooling off a little next week. Low is 56-58 Tues and Wed.
    Hope it stays for Louisville.

6. Our grand kids pictured in my avitar still go outside and play in this oppressive heat. There is shade from a mimosa tree. However they get hot and take off all their clothes. And we live right on the Highway. Debbie has yelled at them and spanked them and it hasn't done a bit of good.

7. Makes you want to fill the bathtub with ice and get naked in there.:eek:.........I'll bet for once nobody asks me to post pictures!!!:D;)

8. partssaloon

partssaloon

We've cooled down to 110 this weekend

9. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

It was so hot around here, (HOW HOT WAS IT?) one farmer had a field of pop corn that started popping right off the ears, his mule saw all the pop corn on the ground and thought it was snow and froze to death :eek::eek::eek:

10. Four days of heatwave here, too, but a surprise storm moved through overnight, dropping 2-4 inches of rain and the temperature by 15 degrees, with another round of it forecast for tonight with more low 80s coming through the next week. Good timing, too, as my A/C blew out after 15 years and we can't afford spending $4,000+ to replace the unit right now. Fortunately, we have a second unit on the far side of a long house that now is doing double duty, keeping the master bedroom below 80 - so far. We'll send the cooler air to you, Bruce.

11. 6sally6

6sally6

"It's been hotter than the hinges on the gates of hell" here too........and we're on the coast!!!!
    6sally6

Bruce Fischer and Deuces like this.
  12. BJR

BJR

In St Paul MN it was in the 90's with 94% humidity. All you could do was stay in the air conditioning and have sex and drink. Come to think of it, life was pretty good.:D

13. Blake 27

Blake 27

You know it's hot when.... 5qexxmfdzbz11.jpg

osage orange, dan31, LAROKE and 7 others like this.
  14. Well duh...its July, what'd you expect, snow?o_O
    Doesn't seem any hotter than every other July to me here. But I have always worked outside so I got accustomed to it.

osage orange and Bruce Fischer like this.
  15. LOL! Even the beer couldn't stay colder than I could drink it..... And even with AC, in this weather, I'de have to wait until the eve, when it's still in the 80's...... But- I was in the shop all day..... chasing tail will be soon!

16. Thanks for the refreshing photo's Ted,

It was hotter than a 4 balled tom cat today but it is July in the Sunny South!

It's so hot the cicadas are singing in shifts. HRP

17. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Didn't make 100 today but dang close. The cat was not happy. 20190721_173059.jpg

18. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Sweaty and humid in east county today. Changed out the factory wiggly stick muncie shifter in the El Camino for a Comp plus shifter...Wiping sweat out of my eyes the whole timeo_O

19. Latigo

Latigo

Pretty warm here during the day but dropped to 31 overnight a couple of days ago and killed the squash plants in the garden. At 4300 feet the nights can get chilly but the sleeping is fine.

20. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Up here in Ohio we say hotter than a three peckered goat or hotter than a half f____ed fox in a forest fire.o_O

21. Darin Younce

Darin Younce

Me too, have worked in 100 plus degrees many many times way before the the doom and gloom weather folks came up with this heat Index crap. Back in high school I worked on a dairy farm every Aug when football practice started , drove tractor all day had morning and evening football practice and I remember it being 102 at 6 PM during practice.Our coach would not let us have water till practice was over and we never had anyone get sick or anything. Guess we just toughened up to it. I still work out in any heat and still dont drink any water and I ain't dead yet at nearly 59.

22. brady1929

brady1929

When it's 98 degrees with humidity at 4 o'clock in the morning, you know it's going to be a rough day!

23. Deuces

Deuces

f08dc0f3088415ce430ac1f94dceda13.jpg

24. topher5150

topher5150

The guys on the John Deere Facebook groups have been posting snowblowing videos lately