Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Car Clubs Heavily Involved in Charity Work?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kentuckyscum, Jul 20, 2019.

1. kentuckyscum

kentuckyscum
    from kentucky

HAMBers:

I am interested in finding a list of car clubs that are very primarily focussed on doing legitimate charity work, if they exist. I have the shell of a very interesting old school rod that I would like to donate for them to auction, raffle, whatever. It is not a rare car, but it would be considered a barn find with fantastic patina. Somebody would have to come get it in central Kentucky. I estimate it’s value at between $5,000 and $10,000, but it’s uniqueness makes that pretty subjective.

This car has been in my family since the early 80’s and I can provide old snapshots and history if it’s requested. I am in the process of getting the title transferred into my name from my father’s, yesterday the sheriff came out to do the VIN inspection (it’s stamped on the frame?), the rest of the process will probably take several weeks before I get the hard copy of the title. Please post up any links or make any suggestions that come to mind. Please, I’m not looking for “our church needs a new organ,” or “our club garage needs a new lift in bay #5.” Make a Wish, drug addiction recovery, etc. The difficult stuff that people like me don’t have the courage to do is what we have in mind. Also I would like to be able to check them out beforehand. I trust you HAMBers implicitly. I don’t trust the internet.

Thanks in advance.

2. kentuckyscum

kentuckyscum
    from kentucky

This car. Eighties hot rod, been off the road 30 years. Formerly supercharged flathead, only have the block now. fortyone (640x360).jpg

3. ken bogren

ken bogren

It might help if you say more about what this means to you.

4. sololobo

sololobo

My Car Gang The South Omaha Turds are involved in a full on charity event on a yearly basis. This year marks our sixth event, Jam'n Gears is a fund raiser for a Vets Organization, The G. I. Forum is South Omaha, Nebraska. The Forum gives out around $80,ooo.00 in music and arts scholarships to school age folks, our show is just one of several events they use to raise and distribute these funds to appreciative youth. Wish you were closer to take advantage of this cool ride. One of our loyal attendees and local louver press guy has a cool 41 sedan delivery he brings to the event. I love the one off 41 design. I hope someone in your area is able to take advantage of this generous offer.

5. gigem

gigem

I'm in the Austin area, and I do a lot with the ALS Association. My wife is dying from ALS. Wish I could do something with it for the ALS Association, but I am not in a car club here.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

6. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Sorry to here about your wife.

7. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Many kudos to you .:cool: I have been thinking a lot about becoming a charity hot rod shop to build a a hot rod for give away raffles to worthy causes.I like the way you think.

8. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I'm no help, but here's a bump.

9. kentuckyscum

kentuckyscum
    from kentucky

I’ve not been in contact with any local groups yet and am a little hesitant to just start cold calling. I’m not really involved in local groups. Years ago I disappeared into my own eccentric automotive rabbit hole and never found my way out. An hour from the NSRA Nats and I haven’t been in more than a decade.

My purpose in starting this thread was mainly to see if there was something obvious I was missing. My wife will confirm that happens a lot. I could sell this on my own and just donate the money, but routing it through a group that appreciates old cars, is familiar with charitable work, and is also adept at extracting maximum value from donations seemed like the most elegant solution. Worth a shot.

Thanks for the input so far. Open to any other ideas.

10. Mark Cain (razincain) here on the hamb runs Shelby's Way a suicide prevention organization in Lexington, Kentucky and it works off donations, it also helps people pay final expenses for family's that have been subjected to this type of loss. HRP

https://www.shelbysway.com/about-us/

11. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

The most important parts is finding steadfast honesty. I appreciate you trying to help out your fellow man.

12. kentuckyscum

kentuckyscum
    from kentucky

Thanks HRP, may be just what we were looking for.