Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Nats 2019,roll call

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by B.A.KING, Jul 20, 2019.

1. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Well , I called myself doing a search, so if i missed it it sorry.
    Nats are a little over a week away.
    You going? Staying home?

2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Planning to be there with my ‘38 Buick.....

Ray

2B20372A-5FF4-4DB1-8266-45BF86D18EA9.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  3. DC40

DC40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Will be there with my ‘40 Ford

lothiandon1940 and i.rant like this.
  4. Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    lothiandon1940 and i.rant like this.

5. Gman0046

Gman0046

B.A. I'm going with my black 60 Pontiac Bubbletop. Are you going to set up in the same place as usual? Being the 50th anniversary the place should be packed. Read somewhere that Louisville is out of hotel/motel rooms and the nearest vacancies was 76 miles away. Not sure I believe that but you never know. Also heard that the Scooter rentals filled up months ago. Just hope it cools off a little. Today temperature was 98 with the humidity
    factored in it felt like 105.
    See you there.

Gary

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    Donuts & Peelouts and Legends47 like this.
  6. papajohn

papajohn

Going as a spectator. First time.

Donuts & Peelouts likes this.
  7. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

My brother and I will be there with these.

We are calling it "The Last Hurrah Tour'

IMG_7775.jpeg

ct1932ford, i.rant and MO_JUNK like this.
  8. I’ll be there - driving down Wednesday with a couple of my Brothers and a couple buddies-I am sure my old lump has a few more trips to Louisville left in it-can’t hardly wait [​IMG]

camcrusher, verno30, 36couper and 5 others like this.
  9. Help a guy out late to the show? Don’t need to be in the thick of it. Looking for a double, double room

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. FityFive

FityFive

I hope to be there in my wife’s 1960 T-bird.

11. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Can I ask why??

12. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I am speculating this will be a big event, but this will also mark a turndown. We are on a rollercoaster and we are not going up. I am seeing lots of signs that we are in for a big change. The days of building or buying a hot rod, and making money when you sell it, are ending. It will be more like buying a bass boat or travel trailer, and losing your butt when you try to sell it in a couple of years.

I would really like to be wrong on my thoughts.

John

Bigdavid likes this.
  13. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Headed down with a our “club” of 7 cars this trip. I use the term loosely as there’s no dues,meetings or BS,we travel and attend events together. Looking forward to seeing some of the HAMB members I’ve connected with over the years there also.:D

14. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I’ll be there. IMG_1419.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

15. Rodders

Rodders

7E7A9109-D042-45AA-8CFD-4D2F97AA14F3.jpeg I will be there in my roadster

16. Regrettably no. HRP

17. Gman0046

Gman0046

lo c dan, I'll see if I can help. One of my neighbors owns several motels in the Louisville area. How much do you want to spend a night and what dates do you want.

Gary

18. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Website for "Kayak" is still showing MANY rooms available. Mostly east Louisville.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  19. tim troutman

tim troutman

I will be there every day. not much of a drive .not sure what I will be driving probably F1 or roadster

pprather and Rodders like this.
  20. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

go every year

Rodders likes this.
  21. Marty S

Marty S
    from kentucky

Planning on 2 days......just haven't decided which. Roughly an hours drive so room isn't a problem. Other 2 days will be spent chauffeuring the MIL for the 127 Yard Sale!

22. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Like B.A. said, The Nats are coming, The Nats are coming!!!!! In my case I've been to 46 NSRA Nationals, starting with Peoria in 1970, so I'll certainly be there. The 50th will be an interesting event, to say the least. On one hand, It could be the greatest attended "Street Rod" event ---EVER. On the other hand, the 2020, 51st Nats could well be the lowest attended Nats in many years. Like WZJunk said, the 50th could be the "Last Hurrah Tour". The ever ageing group that makes up the majority of NSRA members, is running it's natural course. I would'nt be surprised if the VAST majority of the post 48 cars, are owned by guys who graduated up to bigger, more comfortable cars from their traditional HOT RODS. At least 20 cars from my local club, Vintage Tin (Chicago Area) will be going and no less than 4 will have a serious FOR SALE sign in the window. I well imagine it will the largest for sale and fishing expedition ever. A lot of them with an OK IT'S TIME attitude and some with a WHATS IT WORTH thinking. I also anticipate the swap meet area to be an over flow event, bargains and gouging galour. It's going to be HOT and It will RAIN. It's Lou'vul!! Rooms for the Nats? You can bet the usual places are long gone, but Expedia/Trivalgo/Booking.com can find you a room, but you may pay dearly for it. All in All Lou'vuls the place to be this August, the circus is in town and it's The Greatest Show on Earth!!! Bill Rinaldi

23. To convenient not to go. 048.jpg

24. I'll be there with my 52 GMC pickup. No pic on my phone, but it is almost all surface rust (real, not artificial).

Sent from my SM-J337V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

25. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Looking forward to it. I go about every three years. I hate to miss Salina this year but I'm really looking forward to Louisville.

i.rant likes this.
  26. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I hope that NSRA continues, I don’t want to feel that my years as a NSRA state safety inspector and NSRA state rep for those 25 years will have gone for nothing, but I keep hearing stories that the 50th will be the last

27. papajohn

papajohn

Not to hijack the thread, but what's the best days to go to this show? I will be there Wednesday night thru Sunday morning.
    Also, looks like thunderstorms on Wednesday thru Friday (no forcast for Saturday yet). How does that affect a show of this size?

Thanks

28. Hey Gary, Myself and the rowdy bunch from Okieland will be there. Hope to hook up witcha. I'll be in 1 of these not sure which yet, the Injun will be in his roadster 2019 32 delivery best pic.jpg 2017 5 winder Dr Pepper 004.jpg

29. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

On Thursday I hit vendors inside. Its not quite as crowded.Each day gets a little more full. On Saturday, I get there very early. Before daylight , and watch the 4-5 hour parade of cars coming in front gate. Also the swap ,You may miss something if you don't go Thursday, But people are still setting up on Saturday in swap.Not a lot, but some folks cant get off of work.

papajohn likes this.