Register now to get rid of these ads!

Larry Watson

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OG lil E, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Wow, 3 years ago........

I consider myself very fortunate to have known Larry. I always enjoyed talking with him at various events around town. The guy had a memory for even the smallest of details and would remember stuff from from 1958 like it was yesterday. It was amazing, and I really miss him.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Sadly bringing back to the top. Four years ago today we lost Larry. Hard to believe it has been that long already.

Life moves forward at a fast pace, but we must make sure we remember the great people that pass through our lives and make it better. He is missed.

Here's a tribute video I made in honor of Larry for all who have never seen it before..........E

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  3. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

Very nice to see you remerbered

4. Great video. May he R.I.P.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. Could never forget, Roger. He was a great guy with immense talent..........E

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

shows how fast time speeds along - a great guy, with lots of talent and innovation Winfield & Watson Gathering-Mojave 069 (Small).jpg Winfield & Watson Gathering-Mojave 110 (Small).jpg

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  7. Hard to believe it's been five years since Larry left us. There are many of us out here who think of him often, and his talents and great personality are missed. July 20th will always be a sad day for me..........E

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  8. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

9. Time sure does go by fast. Six years since Larry Watson's been gone. Just bumping this old thread to remind everyone so we can all take a minute today and remember him. Gone but not forgotten..........E

CCC-larry-watson-at-work-01-12.jpg

10. Dan Timberlake

Dan Timberlake

Did he paint his own casket, shown at 3:27 in the tribute video ?

11. No Dan, if I recall correctly a few of Larry's friends and fellow car painters did it as a final tribute to him. I think that a few of those involved may have been HAMBers. They did a beautiful job! I'm sure Larry would have been very proud of it! E

12. "Left to right Stan (stans autobody mariposa,ca.),John ( doing a nice ride at Santinis), Bill Carter, Larry Watson (Larrys son), Pete Santini, Dennis Ricklifs. Stan the guy on the far left had the shop. (Larry died in Merced with his son) On Saturday Pete,and John picked up Bill Carter and headed north to paint the casket. Dennis drove up behind them to stripe it. Larry brought the casket to the paint shop." - Roger O'dell

******larry watson******

chryslerfan55 and OG lil E like this.
  13. Hey Sancho, thanks for posting that, man. All those guys will have a special place in my heart for doing this for Larry. What an awesome tribute to a great guy! We should all be so lucky to have family and friends like that..........E

chryslerfan55 and Sancho like this.
  14. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

15. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Funny how fast time goes by. I was just not five minutes ago telling a young guy to study Larry Watson's pictures on Rik Hoving's sight for inspiration for his mid sixties mild custom. Never got to meet the man himself, but it's amazing how much influence he has had on me.

chryslerfan55 and OG lil E like this.
  16. I thought I'd bump an old thread instead of starting a new one. Its July 20th again. Can't believe Larry has been gone eight years already.
    I still think of him often. Gone but not forgotten..........E

17. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks for posting

18. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

Thanks for posting. The Los Straightjackets soundtrack in background of original You tube video you posted is awesome.

OG lil E likes this.
  19. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I realize Larry Watson has a large body of work, but this oh so subtle 56 Chevy really blows my dress up.

[​IMG]

chryslerfan55, OG lil E and Sancho like this.
  20. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

21. Sorry @Roger O'Dell--late to the game this year. Glad you posted a bump to remind everyone of this important day. We had a bad storm here today and it knocked my internet out early this morning before I could post a reminder.
    Larry was on my mind all day today and I feel bad that I am posting a reminder this late on the 20th. Better late than never I guess.
    Hard to believe that Larry has been gone 9 years already! Time marches on, but many of us still remember him. He is missed..........E

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    chryslerfan55, loudbang and Sancho like this.
  22. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

It’s all good.

OG lil E and loudbang like this.
  23. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

one of the very best

OG lil E and loudbang like this.
  24. Mornin' all! It's July 20th again. As I sit here typing, I can't believe it's been 10 years since Larry passed away. Time, as life sure goes by fast.
    Just bumping an old thread to show Larry may be gone, but to many of his family, friends and fans he is not forgotten..........E

25. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

Been thinking of him , messing with colors for my truck , Larry was always there to help me.

26. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

27. Wow....10 years!!! That’s hard to believe...his influence and legacy continues to this day..

Had this for years and only bust it out for special occasions

EB8B3E63-0E41-405C-AC96-1E189EC59DF4.jpeg

28. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

Larry, Junior Conway, and a daughter of one of Larry’s friend. At the Winfield Watson show at Gene’s

29. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

One of the all time greats...