Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barbour's Tether Car Collection: For Sale!

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Jive-Bomber, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

Barbour's Tether Car Collection: For Sale!

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Thanks Jive-Bomber, what a great collection. I will be watching this one.

Mick

3. Jim Hassad

Jim Hassad

Thanks for the info on the auction! Of course the red "Edco Meteor" grabbed my attention as my dad developed this car for the Edco company using either a Hassad Custom 61 or an Edco Sky Devil engine. I will follow the auction closely, as there are only 6 of these cars made TMK.

4. Going through the catalog I noticed some cars I believe are misnamed.
    #KK0026 is a Dooling Mercury rear drive, not a Speed Chief.
    #KK0050 is a Speed King not a Speed Chief.
    #KKoo62 is a Papina P3 not a Speedway Pacemaker.
    #KK0063 is a McCoy Railton not a Dooling Arrow.
    Most bidders will probably know what the cars really are so may not make a difference but the cars should be presented as what they are.
    It's a great collection never the less.

Mick

5. Cool cars, all I can afford to do is watch & drool. :rolleyes: HRP

6. Jim Hassad

Jim Hassad

Yes, lurker mick, I too noticed some questionable listings, but I also realize how stories change with time. #KK0076 "Richter Streamliner" TMK has an incorrect engine, should be my dad's prewar H/S engine and the body appears wrong, being cut away. The really old "Richter" car, KK0072, really has the wrong engine. Now, the very interesting, but not really a competitive race car is KK 0001, with a beautiful example of an original Hassad "Custom 61". I recognize subtle tool marks on the cylinder head and casting details on the case to claim this as an original. I have no idea who made the car. My son has the original "Edco Meteor" that my dad made for himself and that car has a "one off" all billet '61 with RRV induction engine. That car has a balsa wood! body used for the initial advertising photos. It looks exactly like the Edco car on auction, except in place of louvers for cooling, it has twin scoops.