Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1940 willys coupe, keeping it

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zeph4057k, Oct 24, 2015.

1. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

FOUND YOU BILL....

You have built a very interesting fiberglass Willys. Using a fiberglass body & lots of parts from a steel Willys sedan. Bet you get a LOT of hot rodders scratching there heads.

First thing we have in common my fiberglass body (from Atlanta Hot Rods) is sitting in a '37 Willys frame. Front suspension is stock .... for now. Plan to use stock I-Beam (drilled) - was working on boxing the frame until I had to have my shoulder surgery redone. The project came with a 9" Ford so I'm good to go back there.

With basically being on "light duty" for almost a year now I have to keep fighting off the sell/trade bug.

After all this Willys is the car I have always wanted & never thought I ever have.

[​IMG]

Sent from my XT1650 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

mad mikey likes this.
  2. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

This is the look I'm after. Similar to yours without the drag car lettering. Like a "street driven" Willys used on weekend for drag racing. Nothing fancy .... Mooneyes disc hubcaps - using beat-up race-weight frontend (I also have the race-weight fenders which I am making into a one-piece tilt). Spartan-Interior .... Using a bench seat from a '48 School Bus. Built SBC with an Edelbrock CROSS RAM manifold. Gonna love those carbs poking through the hood "side-by-side"

[​IMG]

Sent from my XT1650 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

4. elgringo71

elgringo71

That's my dad with his coupe back in the 60s

mad mikey, kidcampbell71 and Chucky like this.
  5. zeph4057k

zeph4057k

6. mad mikey likes this.