Register now to get rid of these ads!

1955 pontiac safari ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xxxlmark, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Diggin' up all the old Safari post, huh Vern?

2. is it rare?????????? dont wreck it, dont alter the body, it's beautiful stock...

3. JamesG

JamesG

I went on a safari once.

4. Was it a surfin safari???

5. Indiankeeper

Indiankeeper
    from la habra

hey only 2970 made in '55, go to www.pontiacsafari.com , Larry is the Guru he has lots of people that can help you, Keep it stock if you can, they bring more $$ stock. Great start...keep it up!

6. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

I just found a 56 safari and a 4 door cheiftan with it. same owner 30 yrs, thinkin mild hot rod cruiser.. all original outside, pretty damned good shape..

7. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

It's like a nomad, it's cool and worth good money whether it's stock or custom so go for it!

8. ALLISON

ALLISON

What ever happened with this car the thread started with??? Did it get fixed? I was a little suprised at how few Safri related threads are on here... this is my 56, I hope that 55 has been rodded by now:)

[​IMG]

9. witsend

witsend

new to list... just bought a 55 safari wagon in Florida for 3500.00 drove it on to trailer even.. but i am going to rod it.. the old motor and trans is way tired and has water in oil.. so if anyone wants assembly for cheap let me knwo.. I will be looking for help on what to do with front end components.. friend of mine used a jag front end but would like to keep stock frame but put updated a arms etc.. so any hints would be helpful. Probably just go with a ZZ4 motor i have had in the shed..

10. 77salon

77salon
    from RI

any pics or info on the 57 safari?

11. dansdiner

dansdiner

picked up a Safari....slowly working in it....I finished the body, rockers and floors, plus dents....primed. Have a Pontiac 400 to put in with a BOP Turbo 350....Already rebuilt all of the frame/ kingpins..... IMG_20210521_155123269.jpg

exterminator and ffr1222k like this.