Register now to get rid of these ads!

Have you ever rented your car out for a Video Shoot??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nmbuellist, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Frames

Frames

$2,000.00 . Towed to Greensboro, 1 hour 15 minutes away. Picked up the next day. Mocked up plastic engine hung over engine compartment for Husky Tools video. No damage. This picture is the finished car later at the Goodguys Charlotte show. GOODSGUYS   PACKARD 018.JPG

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  2. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

You might want to check what your insurance policy states. One club member had his insurance policy cancelled because it specifically stated that the car could not be used for "commercial gain", he was renting it out for weddings. I'm also looking for the article I read, about a poster featuring a Lincoln Sedan with 18 to 20 cheerleaders perched all over the car. It has something to do with a Lincoln High School or town named Lincoln. They trashed the car, denting the hood and roof. I don't think it's worth the aggravation.

3. cshades

cshades
    from wi

I had a guy come in a few years ago looking for an old truck to use in a music video. I ended up hauling our '46 chevy truck to the barn they were using for the shoot. It was a teenage girl group that the lead singer had never driven a stick/floor starter vehicle before. I showed her a few times and she got the hang of it. I still had to back it down the hill for her but she actually did pretty good. I wasn't to worried about the paint or them hurting it. If you want to see the truck/video it is on youtube. Just look for " prom queen rejects---I sing for you".

vtx1800 likes this.
  4. Martin Thompson

Martin Thompson

Never did that. And my opinion don't think about doing this. Instead I take rent cars for my travel or documentary shooting, not my car. Can't take the risk with my car. A bit selfish. :)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  5. flat 39

flat 39

IMG_0708[1].jpg th IMG_0725[1].JPG A local photographer used my truck for Christmas albums.

Attached Files: