Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Iola 2019

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mr cheater, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

Anyone going stop by and say high spaces j 54&54 and see if I have anything you can’t live without [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

loudbang and Tickety Boo like this.
  2. ahshoe

ahshoe

It will be interesting to see how it goes this year with a flea market within the swap meet perimeter.

3. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

It should probably be fine the flea market area is in the back corner just in case I’ll bring a lawn mower

4. A Boner

A Boner

Wonder how much it is going to rain on Iola weekend this year?

5. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

Probably a lot I have to think we are due for a wash out soon I can remember one since the late 80s or early 90s

6. finn

finn

Got new tires for the fifth wheel, so it’s time to fire up the old dually for the trip 250 miles south. Hope the rain is minimal since a loaded 2wd dually doesn’t do muddy campsites well.

7. Stueeee

Stueeee
    from Kent, UK

I've got my flights and hotel booked and paid for now; hope the show doesn't get washed out.
    I'm really looking forward to visiting Iola again, haven't visited this really friendly show for several years now. If any of the vendors would have a set of Model "A" insert bearing conrods for sale, that would be a real bonus for me.

8. Stueeee

Stueeee
    from Kent, UK

Just over a week to go now till Iola. And only 4 HAMBers so far have declared they're going -surely some mistake....

9. wicarnut

wicarnut

I will be there with my Mercury in the car corral, that makes 5, stop by to say Hi, AND I hope we get a break on the rain, we have had more than enough rain IMO. Weather channel forecast, rain chance 40% Thursday, 30% Friday, 20% Saturday, 77 hi/57 low temps, humidity 69%, 67%, 62%

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  10. cshades

cshades
    from wi

i will be there Thursday and friday

11. poopeye

poopeye

Hey Mr Cheater, you still have that rat rod starter kit? I've been looking for one and I knew you had one last year.

12. ahshoe

ahshoe

I will be there selling /shopping Wed PM -Fri PM Vendor spot BQ-18

13. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

Why yes I do I am open to trades of luke warm Pbr or grain belt

Pinstriper40 likes this.
  14. poopeye

poopeye

I guess it will have to be PBR. Can't find grain belt. I'll leave some out in the sun for you.

Mr cheater likes this.
  15. Hemi Joel

Hemi Joel
    from Minnesota

I've never been to iola before. But I'm not that far away, here in Minnesota. Please fill me in on what to expect if I go and what are the best days to attend? If I go as a spectator / buyer, not a vendor, can I camp in my RV? Thanks

16. it will be hot,or muddy. the food there is pretty good, the swap still has it's highlights, still lots of hard to find stuff in those rows. i've always thought thursday & friday were the best days. No matter what you decide, be prepared to walk. & walk. & walk some more.

Hemi Joel likes this.
  17. poopeye

poopeye

There is camping available, contact them for details.

Hemi Joel likes this.
  18. 1ton

1ton

Wisconsin state patrol is probably foaming at the mouth just thinking about it.

Pinstriper40 and Hemi Joel like this.
  19. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

Best day to attend is Thursday/ Friday there’s a lot of walking and hilly terrain the food is good and have a chicken dinner. As far as camping I’d give the show a call

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Hemi Joel likes this.
  20. I'll be up there Thursday early and going back home the same day. Have a friend who's home is directly across from the main gates so parking is good to go.

21. flatjack

flatjack

Will be there Thursday and Friday. Our group is in AA/AB 1-6. Down the hill from the tower.

22. BJR

BJR

I'll be there with my friends, on the main drag between the Thorson House and the toy barn.

23. I'm going tomorrow in 55 chevy stay at the camp grounds.

24. Got up at 2:15 am and hit the road by 3:15, got to the gate on foot just as they opened at 6:00 am. I was able to get through the entire swap meet looking just for the Model A parts I was looking for in 4 hours flat. Maybe it's just me, but don't think I could have got through it anywhere near that fast 10 years ago. There was a fair amount of flea market stuff and quite a few empty spots. Found some stuff I needed and got home by 12:30. Figure 6-8 miles of walking, sure I'll feel that tomorrow ! On the plus side for guys going Friday & Saturday, saw quite a few trailer's going up that way on my way home so it'll probably only get better for the weekend.

Tickety Boo likes this.
  25. A Boner

A Boner

9.2 miles.....didn't go down every row of swap, corral, or show car area!

26. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

27. Nope, none from me, too busy looking and no smart phone.

28. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

no smart phone? still use telephone booth? no Brownie camera?

29. Left the Brownie at home and finally took my phone off the wall 3 years ago, They call me flipper now. Still use just as a phone to talk, no texts, no pictures. it's traditional you know...

30. Stueeee

Stueeee
    from Kent, UK

I only took a few; I was mostly "eyes down" looking for all those "right parts".

These Japanese Aisin blowers are as tiny as they look, but would be just the thing for a cyclecar project.
    [​IMG]

This Model A looked to be well priced @ 9500 USD asking for a running and driving car -the interior looked reasonable too.
    [​IMG]

Maybe a bit OT, but I did like the look of this. 8000 USD asking; it was my dream to ride a Bonneville back when I was a pennyless engineering apprentice. Instead I had a ratty early Triumph 500 to get to work on.
    [​IMG]