Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 36 in the shop, getting close ! Goodguys bound !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, Jul 11, 2019.

1. FIX2.jpg So sent the 36 into the for some much needed repairs.. transmission issues along with a vibration in 1st and 2nd gear . Have a list of other things to fix on it... but the shop has got a start on it, and it's in great hands.. Hoping to have back on the road for Goodguys in Puyallup at the end of the month.. fingers crossed FIX1.jpg View attachment 4348881 View attachment 4348881 FIX3.jpg View attachment 4348881 FIX4.jpg

2. so the vibration is the big concern... we are trying first the engine vibration dampener and see if
    that changes anything.. It has a solid front Hurst engine adapter .

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. catdad49

catdad49

Boy, I like That!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. williebill

williebill

Really good looking car...

rob-redm likes this.

5. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

While you have the trans out, have the boys check flywheel/pressure plate balance.
    (Also, loose on crankshaft flange???)

Johnny Gee and Jalopy Joker like this.
  6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

good luck on repairs for good looking ride

rob-redm likes this.
  7. that is the plan as well. doing some simple stuff first to see if it makes any changes.. before we tear the car down and investigate further into it.. might as well replace all the clutch stuff and flywheel as needed since we have the trans out at some point..

brady1929 likes this.
  8. So we did find some drivability issues with this old Holley that was on the car.. Switched it over to a Edelbrock EDL-1406 600cfm electric choke carb.. What a big difference it made... Right out of the box , bolted it on and ran really great.. Needs some fine tuning.. Then we are on to replacing the trans. Check the flywheel and clutch parts.. While there just going to replace them... On another note does anyone know if some makes replacement parts for stock 36 Ford parking brake handle(need button spring ect) ? I 've looked and not had a lot of luck... need the spring and some other parts. thank you for all the great comments.. Have my fingers crossed to make Goodguys here... carb holley.jpg

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    Hamtown Al likes this.
  9. so the shop has the transmission out, and ready to install the rebuilt one... Didn't see anything wrong with the clutch or flywheel .. Since its out just going to replace it all … have some other things like brake adjustment and parking brake needs attention... and other small stuff

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool, we might get to see you put some real miles on it yet once it gets all sorted out.

11. J2X

J2X

rob-redm - Would appreciate learning source of your rebuilt transmission - Thanks in advance for your answer DW

12. sent you a PM

13. That's the plan for sure, Goodguys is around the corner and shooting to have it there again...

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  14. coming back together... still some small stuff to do... jackstand1.jpg jackstand2.jpg

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    Jalopy Joker likes this.
  15. Shooting for Goodguys in Puyallup.. wish I was heading to Deuce Days in Victoria BC.. oh well
    Have fun to everyone who is going...

16. Got to give some props to Thunfield Rod & Custom (Marshall & Gary)... They have been busting butt on my car, all at the same time getting some other complete builds ready for Deuce Days... Big thank you to them ( and Mike S.) I can do small stuff, but I'm out of my comfort zone with bigger stuff ( also no room) .. Thank you guys !

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    Joemama likes this.