Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Eric Williams~Hotrod Leather-R.I.P.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeff Norwell, Jul 3, 2019.

1. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Sad news indeed. I have his door straps that limit opening on my roadster.

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  2. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Go with God Eric, glad to have known you my friend.

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sad news to see.

chryslerfan55 and Jeff Norwell like this.
  4. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Sorry to here. RIP
    Tony

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  5. sololobo

sololobo

Rest easy big guy, your beautiful products will be reminders of your sweet soul

6. God Bless Eric and his family.

chryslerfan55 and Jeff Norwell like this.
  7. reagen

reagen

8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Just saw this... Man. I really liked that guy. Bums me out.

9. engine138

engine138
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Commack NY

10. ZZLEGEND

ZZLEGEND

Purchased 3 of those registration holders from him a couple of years ago and he was just a pleasure to talk to and deal with. RIP Eric.

11. dmdeaton

dmdeaton

Loved his work
    Have hood straps, registration holders, and cup holders and his sticker on my laptop.
    RIP

12. catdad49

catdad49

Post "em up, fellows! Just a little tribute to one of our guys, another soul gone too soon.

dirty old man likes this.
  13. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Just saw this ... Condolences to his friends and family .... RIP Eric

14. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Jeff, Sorry to hear this. I did not know the man, but if you called him friend he must have been a Good Guy. R.I.P. Eric.

15. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Sad news, passed much too young. His work was very nice, the attention to craftsmanship tells a lot about the person. RIP

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  16. larryymoore

larryymoore

Very interesting person

17. Eric's obituary was recently published on The Press Democrat logo.png & Gold Country Media logo.png websites:

Eric Williams - Bass.jpg
    Eric Williams 3/28/1956 - 6/26/2019

Eric was born in Oakland and grew up in Auburn. He died peacefully in the company of loved ones in his own West Petaluma home of 34 years.

Eric had a full and interesting life. Endlessly curious, he developed numerous interests and countless skills during his 63 years on earth.

He was a master craftsman who restored award winning vintage cars. He built and raced his own race car. He was skilled in many other areas such as leatherwork and woodwork but this doesn't even begin to describe the full extent of Eric's skills and knowledge. He was endlessly creative and designed and made all of his own business products. He was also a musician who loved playing his bass with friends. In all of these things, Eric was largely self taught.

Eric was also an inventor who created products he thought would make lives a little easier, especially for the working man. One of his products is now sold internationally.

Eric had a somewhat twisted sense of humor and outstanding story telling skills which he shared generously with friends and family. This sense of humor was a constant in his life and was present until the very end.

Finally, Eric loved his family and friends very much, something he expressed multiple times during his last days.

Eric was a big man with a big presence. He will be missed and the world will be a little less interesting without him.

Survived by brothers Lance Williams and Neil Williams, niece Aimee Williams, nephew Ian Williams, sisters-in-law Gale Williams and Cheri Williams, cousins Maynard Williams and wife Phy Williams, and Tim Williams.

Preceded in death by brother Brent Williams, mother Shirley Jilbert Williams, and father James Williams.

A memorial service will be held at Hermann Sons Hall, 860 Western Ave., Petaluma, CA. on Sunday, August 11th from 2-5 p.m

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  18. So sorry to hear of his passing.
    Condolences to his family.
    RIP God Bless.

19. Rest in Peace......

20. I am so sorry to hear this very sad news ! He and his craftsmanship was the very best and will be missed by many !!!!! I am very lucky to have Eric's beautiful leatherwork on the Ghost Rider Roadster !!!