Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods diameter of ball on 34 wishbone

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by boo, Jul 13, 2019.

1. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

on my 34 roadster build w/331 cad eng, i would like to build without splitting the wishbone. the ball is worn, i want to weld and grind it round, i need to know what dia. the ball should be ?? also, does a 34 wishbone have a rubber ball cover?? can't remimber, been over 45 years since i build one w/out splitting it.

2. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Boo,

I have Model A, 33-34 and 1937-1940 wishbones and they all measure 1&1/2 inches. All used a rubber ball as far as I know.

Hope this helps.

3. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Yes, 1.5" diameter.

Roo... a very old German gentleman converses with me from time to time, as I am also of German descent.
    He told me of an 'exercise' apprentice machinists had to complete to earn their 'tickets' to apprentice in the Third Reich Machinist 'union'.
    They were given a square cube of steel, a vise, and a file. The hopeful apprentice had to file the cube to a perfect sphere, measurable by the Master...(Machinist, not 'Fuhrer')

4. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

THANKS GUYS, LOOKING AT WHSBON TODAY LOOKS LIKE ONE LEG IS BENT BOUT 5/16 IN., need to strighten first. car came from argentina, they run them to death, body was amazing, not even a pin hole in floor. converting to left hand drive.