Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1932 Ford Roadster Interior Kits?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by AlsopAndSons, Jul 14, 2019.

1. AlsopAndSons

AlsopAndSons

With Lebron gone, does anyone else out there make an interior kit? Or even a kit for a Glide seat?

I was quoted $3,500 plus materials to recover a Dodge Caravan seat. I'm assuming this is perhaps typical Canadian price madness because I'm at a loss as to why it would cost so much...

Kinda sad that Lebron closed because their interior kits were very well priced.

2. $3,500 just to cover a seat? That's insane! HRP

AlsopAndSons likes this.
  3. AlsopAndSons

AlsopAndSons

I know. It happens a lot in Canada - people trying to get rich on a single job instead of thinking about volume. It is why 95% of my money ends up in the US for parts and other things... more reasonable pricing so I can keep my hobby alive.

As with much of the rest of the build, looks like my money for an interior is going to the US again... assuming I can find a good interior kit supplier. :)

4. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

image.jpg When I was looking for a seat and door panels to be done on a 1931 roadster I was quoted 4,000 dollars and no top either. Now that was 25 years ago as well so I went and bought a commercial sewing machine walking foot for 950 and bought every sewing book I could find. I learned to sew doing pillows drapes and even a skirt for the wife. I bought Sid Carvers book and dvd when it came out. Sid was kind enough to put it on tapes and learned even more. I would do it yourself. I now have a few sewing machines consew and Phaff and feel I can tackle any project on my own.

Loook into the Sailrite products and there machines for portability . I also would look for the helpful online free videos and get sailrites catalog ..

beater32 likes this.

5. AlsopAndSons

AlsopAndSons

Any links to the book and videos?

6. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Try Sidchaverscompany.com and will have to dig up the rest of the image.jpg books . I pretty much bought every book to learn sewing no matter the items being sewn . You get a bit out of each book but Sids DVD was great . I got them after my interior was done but learn how I can be more efficient and solve the issues I had.

7. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

Cartouche,Owned by Mac's.Bought a '32 Ford tudor kit in 1997 and all went well.Had been dealing with LeBaron since the early 1970's.Bought my '33 tudor kit in 2016.Its to bad they went down

8. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

There is a very good upholstery guy up in Enderby that comes down here fairly often. PM me and I'll give you his info.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019