Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical ITS getting hot in here...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RalphyBoy161, Jul 11, 2019.

1. RalphyBoy161

RalphyBoy161

looking for suggestions on what temperature gauge to get.
    Here's my issue, I just yanked out the 235 straight 6 in my 1953 Chevy 150 and replaced it with a 350 SBC the temperature gauge is not long enough and will not fit the block. So my question to all the HAMB family here is what gauge do you people use in this situation. I tried an after market off the shelf one to no avail so I'm looking for a specific brand/make that will work for me. She is converted to 12V just to let you know.
    I'm also interested in getting one of those gauge clusters that SHARK makes that fits right into the dash where the existing gauges go.
    Any help would greatly be appreciated
    -RalphyBoy/GRUMPY BASTARDS CC

2. wheeltramp brian

wheeltramp brian

The shark setup in a customer truck was off.temp said low.volts all over the place.oil low.just my experience with it.id go with classic instruments setup jmo

3. RalphyBoy161

RalphyBoy161

thanks wheeltramp brian

4. Moon50F3

Moon50F3

What didn’t you like about the aftermarket off the shelf one? Maybe that’s just not what you’re after. I’m partial to SW mechanical gauges. That being said, I have a new in the box SW electric temp gauge I’m not gonna use. PM me if you want to try it out.