Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 31 Model A Hot Rod restoration

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1927graham, Nov 24, 2013.

1. loudbang

loudbang

Or a dial it yourself rotary phone :)

2. An update on this post, last April, 2017, I got back my OT 70 Camaro funny car I built in 1971, street driven, just about finished with it now May, 2018.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  3. loudbang

loudbang

Dam I wish you could show it here. :(

1947knuck and 1927graham like this.
  4. facebook me, Craig Cochran, River Falls, WI

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  5. loudbang

loudbang

Sorry I don't do facebook. But sure glad you got it back :)

6. An update on this thread, my 31 Model A has been sold, its new home will be in Belle Plaine, MN. The new owner is a prominent car guy, closely associated with the Goodguys Gazette publication. I'm now finishing up my OT, street driven, 70 Camaro funny car!

IMG_0441.jpg

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    Tim, loudbang, 30TudorSedan and 6 others like this.
  7. johnod

johnod

Great truck.

loudbang, brEad and 1927graham like this.
  8. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Well that just sucks, sorry I can’t like this post, sorry you sold it, I really liked it. :(

But that’s the way it goes, you obviously have something else in mind and most of us can’t keep them all. :)

Hopefully whatever replaces it will be just as neat. :cool:
    Larry

loudbang and 1927graham like this.
  9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I guess its a mixed congrats but if someone hadn't done what you just did I wouldn't have the ride I call the Ole Hotrod/Jalopy...So I'd say you just made someones day nothing wrong with it. Anything else Vintage ON Topic on the way @1927graham?...I mean you can't have lost that Passion Right?

10. I got an OT fiberglass car back I built in 1971, 48 years ago, the original buyer kept it all these years, it was tracked down by my friend Chris Ito, the designer of the 2017 Ridler Award winner. I wouldn't have sold the Model A if this hadn't happened. I've put 1,000 hours in the OT car, it's in the paint shop now and at 74 years old I doubt I'll build another. I've loved traditional hot rods since my pre-teen years, I still do, they'll never go out of style!!!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    loudbang likes this.
  11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Keep on Keepen on 27...you're having fun and yeah decisions...that sounds like a really interesting step back in time...

Your looking at your past footsteps quite sometime ago...did it basically remain as you built it?

Sometimes builds need no mods as they are timeless by execution...which takes a great visual/mechanically gifted builder...and it doesn't happen enough...;)

Well have a good time with it, it sounds interesting...I mean some of those were pretty swift, swoopy masterpieces...look at that Swoopy 60s racer that was swooped up for 6500 recently here.

12. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I thought that was little Grady's future ride?

loudbang, Stogy and 1927graham like this.
  13. Grady and brother Colin will have to share their new ride, the OT 70 funny car.

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  14. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@1927graham ...Great truck, great story, and you're a Great Grampa! Art

15. Thank you Art, sent you a pm, Craig

16. loudbang

loudbang

Well life moves on as they say but I will miss updates on your FINE truck. If you do a build on your funny "some place else" let us know where we can go to see it.

17. I 2nd @loudbang’s request. Would love to follow the off topic effort if you chronicle it somewhere else.

1927graham, patman and loudbang like this.
  18. This has been a great site to show the Model A build, I looked forward to posting updates, I do wish there was another HAMB section that would address cars from 65 to 75, to include muscle car and classic builds. Interested car guys are most welcome to follow this OT car on my facebook: https://www.facebook.com/craig.cochran.79

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  19. Scotch

Scotch

Just so you jokers know, I'm the lucky bastard buying this killer hot rod. Like many of you, I've followed the build and was fortunate enough to meet up with Craig. I was the first guy besides him to drive it in its current form, and we made a deal on the spot.
    I'm still paying for it, so it's not in my garage yet - but it will be before long.
    I want to enjoy this truck just the way it is, and I look forward to seeing Craig at many of the local cruise events.
    ~Scotch~

20. Couldn't have found a more qualified buyer, plus a good guy to boot, I'll get this traditional hot rod to you before long, thanks for letting me put a few miles on it occasionally!! I wondered when you were coming out of the shadows, hahaha!!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  21. us054382

us054382

Enjoyed talking with you today @ RF Days, but we missed the Duck Races. Thank for the AC, felt good and refreshing after pounding the hot payment. Best Wishes through these next few weeks and Keep the Faith! JG

22. Scotch

Scotch

The truck now lives comfortably in my garage and will be hitting the road to attend a slew of cool events next Summer. It won't change much - it's really nice already. I'm happy to have it and it represents a dream come true for me. I'll see you around the Midwest with it!

Attached Files:

loudbang and Chucky like this.
  24. Scotch

Scotch

A pal of mine made a quick video of the truck, including a ride along:

Stogy, Shadow Creek, Blue One and 6 others like this.
  25. Well done my friend!!!

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  26. loudbang

loudbang

One of my all time favorite builds on the HAMB. :)

Stogy, 1947knuck and 1927graham like this.
  27. loudbang

loudbang

old skoool, 1927graham and Blues4U like this.