Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<< Friday Art Show 7/12/19 >>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, Jul 11, 2019.

1. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Thanks guys, I appreciate it ....nice to see so many posts this week. Great job from all.

2. Re-purposed 8" x 24" laminated white shelves with cut vinyl text.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

pwschuh, Vonzemo, Animal and 24 others like this.
  3. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Insanity comes in many shapes and forms and bold bright colors. This latest white lab coat took me 40 hours to hand paint. That is all laid out with a sharpie pen using foam core sign board as a backing platen, with a slight application of 3M super adhesive to keep it on the board while hand painting it with Jacquard fabric paint. I wear it each year in the Fremont Solstice day Parade. It attracts a lot of attention, especially when I wear the hat with the painted Styrofoam head on top !
    sleeve layout.JPG

sleeve 2.JPG sleeve 3.JPG jacket back 1.JPG jacket back.jpg me in jacket.jpg

hat and head.jpg

hat and jacket 2.jpg

David Gersic, Vonzemo, rooman and 9 others like this.
  4. matt-miles

matt-miles

Here's a couple of digital illustrations I've been working on lately...
    55-GasserSupply-Vers1-1.png Corvette-GasserSupply-Vers1-1.png Willys-GasserSupply-Vers1-1.png

b-bop, David Gersic, Vonzemo and 29 others like this.
  5. matt-miles

matt-miles

Oh, and another little illustration, recently completed for a friend...
    Scott-Van-DraftB(Jun2019).png

b-bop, Vonzemo, JimC and 24 others like this.
  6. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

8. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You are never too old to sit around with a stack of old magazines and the good scissors and cut out pictures and make a collage out of them, and have it laminated, and then give it away to someone that will really appreciate it!
    collage laminated.JPG

9. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Proof positive that you can sell a rooster shirt at the sea plane base at Oshkosh that doesn't have any words or a date on it and it has nothing to do with aviation!
    rooster family.JPG

10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

41 GMC K-18 you do some cosmic stuff

Stogy and Spoggie like this.
  11. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you Mr. Joker, I take that as a true compliment, I hope I am not boring you ( grin ) !
    Me in my dads 65 Checker.jpg

12. Lots of cool art @41 GMC K-18 I am afraid most of , being "off topic" may end up being removed by the mods.
    Some are wildly off topic. not to belittle your efforts and enthusiasm but wanted to give a heads up.

Rules are: pre 1964 "traditional" hot rods, customs (mild to wild), early drag racing, or "culture related" art. I would message the mods for clarification if the rules aren't clear enough. It would be great to have you continue to contribute.

Bandit Billy, Animal, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  13. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

I know I stretch the rules sometimes as far as being “off topic”. Sorry about that. I just like to show what I do on a weekly art basis. We are down to just two pages of posts each week, I like it all, traditional , off topic, awesome photo art, metal fabrication, and much more. It’s refreshing to see what some very talented people have to show us. Thanks for this week’s show. Gary

quick85, Stogy, Spoggie and 1 other person like this.
  14. kenmo

kenmo

I'll second that. Great work Bob!!!

15. Not you Gary, your art is definitely "Culture" related. I too love to see a big diversity of art and don't want to dissuaded anyone from being part of this great outlet for our art. A few weeks ago a regular member, and contributor, had his post removed for being OT.
    No explanation was given, so, that is why I am providing one, should it happen, again,
    to @41 GMC K-18 . He went through a lot of work to post all his goodies and it would suck to see it all taken down without him knowing why.
    I'm trying to promote the FAS not "piss on the parade". :cool:

I do worry that the mods will grow tired of this and see it as a reason to dissolve or disband the FAS and none of us wants that.

when I share something OT, I tend to announce it with banners, horns and whistles...
    I try not to abuse this out of respect for the ones running the show. Sorry to be a whet blanket.

have a great weekend everyone!

55_DOWN_SOUTH_CHEVY.png

HOMERs_GASSER.jpg

16. kenmo

kenmo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Customized 54 Merc from our weekly summer A&W Cruise In, Woodside ferry terminal parking lot, Halifax Nova Scotia, Canada - July 04, 2019.

17. Love the jacket! Welcome to the H.A.M.B. and to the FAS... I have a great way of greeting folks don't I... :):cool:

Stogy, Spoggie and chryslerfan55 like this.
  18. kenmo

kenmo

1955 Chevy entering A&W Cruise In, Woodside ferry terminal parking lot, Halifax Nova Scotia, Canada - July 04, 2019.

[​IMG]

19. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Kool or Failure?
    Your call
    RatTank.jpg

41 GMC K-18, Vonzemo, D type and 14 others like this.
  20. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Great captures and a cool ride........

21. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Thanks Ken ..........

22. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Greetings to all out there in gear head land.

First of all, a big thank you to all that endured my unintentional overload of this thread, still suffering from being new to this great website.

Total rookie here as to the well established guidelines for this site. One of the reasons I posted to the art and inspiration " Friday night art show " was that it looked like the thread was a new one and I thought I would participate, so if the moderators are reading this, please forgive me, when I saw there was no rules posted as to what I could post, well the old hippie artist in me went a little over board, and this isn't the first time I got shown the ropes , upon joining, I had my 47 dodge business coupe listed in customs when it should have been in projects, so I am appreciative of the MOD'S patience with rookies like me on this site.

Many thanks for the good positive advice from everybody here, on how to successfully navigate this site, I will certainly do my best to stay on topic ! Aviation can really warp a car guys mind out, as evidenced here by the material I have posted.

Fingers crossed that I haven't upset anybody, I dig it here!

Dennis.

S T P.JPG

23. robber

robber

24. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Jigger, I was just looking at corvette bobs art and yours as well on the web pages you both have, hey, true egg on my face here, both of you guys are tremendous true culture hot rod artist's, as a rookie here, I had no idea that the material I posted was so far off of the mark, this is what happens when an old 66 year old hippie, who has a few toys and has been in the aviation art work world for too long, thinks he is an artist. ( Cheshire grin ) I totally thought this is was a cool thread, and it is, but that being said, I will just cool it and be more focused as to the material I post on this thread, I would love to see it keep going as it should.

I would love to keep contributing, seeing the number of likes per the material, it made me smile!

Thanks for your patience.
    Dennis.

maxwell perkins oaxaca mexico.jpg

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  25. !949 Merc in the yard - Art
    [​IMG]

edcodesign, themoose, Vonzemo and 8 others like this.
  26. sololobo

sololobo

this image is awesome the colors make it all as alive as it is there with the noise and excitement, cool

27. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

But at least more attention will be paid to the rules.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  28. sololobo

sololobo

Jigger, I love this pig in the road image, I had a fellow from New York city working with me in the 60's and we are on a rural hiway in western Nebraska, some cattle had busted out and were standing on the road. I pulled up and honked and they just looked at me, I got out and chased them off the road and the big city guy was out of his mind scared, yelling, they will kill you, they will kill you. I got back in the car and he was shook up. Big city boy got a lil country lesson that day and I had a big laugh.

29. Flat Roy, Ace61 and Stogy like this.