Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Bubba’s ignition - are they still open?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zz29, Jul 12, 2019.

1. zz29

zz29

Having a hard time getting a reply via email and the phone number on their site doesn’t work anymore. I have a distributor out with them. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Yes, he’s had health problems and has been laid up for a good while.
    I believe he’s back in the saddle with a helper but I’m sure he’s inundated with correspondence and a back
    Log of work.

3. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

4. I think the goal is to finish up what is already in the shop and that's it, at least for now. Bubba from a different thread...

Havent been to the shop since i got home (thats on my thursday plan after treatment) but heres my plan of attack.......

1-I have a few unopened boxes and orders that i recieved while in hospital, those will be returned to sender . (sorry maybe later )

2-All other orders in shop have now been processed , cleaned and ready to reassemble by Terry my part time guy . Those will be completed in due time as my health allows , but my goal is to get them all done !!!

3-I will try my very best to respond to any questions as time goes on......

5. zz29

zz29

Dang! Sorry to hear! I knew something was up. Get well.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. Be patient. Bubba is doing the best that he can He is in kidney dialysis, as I am. He will have good days, and some not so good days. There is no rhyme nor reason as to which days they will be. I have had them take out over 7 lbs. in 1 session, I also have had them take out 1, 1/2 pounds in other sessions. it doesn't matter how much they take out, you don't know how you will feel until the session is over. On bad days you just stumble around, and shouldn't try to do too much. I know, I went to a swap meet to set up, but my body said no. so I just sat there, and shot the breeze with those who stopped by. As I said, be patient, he is a straight shooter, and he is doing the best that his body will let him.

partsdawg, Cosmo49, nevrdun and 2 others like this.
  7. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

You guys are so brave....my heart goes out to you, my 39 year old daughter was on Dialysis for over 5 years.

8. This is sad news. Bubba treated me well and patiently answered my dumbass questions about my Flathead dizzy. F’n diabetes killed my dad, I hope Jim gets it under control. Prayers to all you guys fighting that shit.

Walt
    Outsiders CC

9. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Guys after 20 treatments i am actually doing very well. Have started getting the past orders out this week and look forward to getting them all done soon. I have Jake ( my grandson) doing a reorg (paint and order org) on the shop and we are working ever other days . My treatments are tue, thur and sat each week...... Stay tuned we are here, just need to slow down for a bit . amber 1.jpg amber2.jpg

10. town sedan

town sedan

Take care my friend.
    -Dave

Deuces and Stogy like this.
  11. Glad to hear you are doing better. I always enjoy your posts and wisdom.

12. 6inarow

6inarow

Bump this. Lets hope he is doing OK. I just wore my Bubbas Hot Rod shop jacket today and thought of Jim. he taught me a lot about my old 6.

13. He was on FordBarn last week. Maybe hit him up there.

Deuces and pprather like this.