Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods '34 Ford Outside Door handle Source?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CAHotRodBoy, Jul 10, 2019.

1. CAHotRodBoy

CAHotRodBoy

My '34 coupe has power windows with a remote and no outside door handles. You have to use the remote to put the windows down and then reach inside to open the doors. I don't like this because if there is a problem with the remote r windows I'd have to bust out a window to get in. Plus, I want the look of outside handles.

Drakes shows a set with locks which would be perfect for my car but they are out of stock. Anyone know where I might be able to get these door handles?

https://www.bobdrake.com/FordItem.a...Category=1348a292-7f78-4f7e-b945-ed732826ff2e

Thanks.

2. AngleDrive

AngleDrive
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Wescott, but he might get them from Bob. Give them a call.

Wescottsauto.com

3. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

You might want to consider a ground and hot somewhere under the hood that you can attach jumper cables to, so you don't need to break a window. The battery in my '32 is in the trunk and the trunk lid has a Yogi's opener. When my battery went dead I was able to attach to the starter hot lead and chassis ground to open the trunk.

4. I built a car without door handle when it was a trend/fad and it was a bonehead move, Henry wasn't a dummy, those door handles work great and the look pretty good. HRP

lumpy 63 likes this.
  5. Fordors

Fordors

I think we need to know what you have for door latches now. Are they original Ford or Bear Claws, or? Is this a ‘glass car or steel, and if it’s ‘glass how much will it take to get operable Ford handles on it?
    I’m not trying to be a wise ass, I’ve just never worked on a ‘glass car before.

6. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover