Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Canada or Bust 2019

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by USMercUte, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

What kinda shape is the road in these days? I bet I was a kid last time I was on it!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang likes this.
  2. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

7am??!! Dude what time are you gonna leave your place?? I booked the 4pm so I gave myself lots of time to cruise down!! Still gonna leave early as that’s just how I roll! Ha ha

loudbang likes this.
  3. I'll be there. Here is a pic on the poker run from 2016.
    13692500_1183332008383663_9044792292874809877_n.jpg

4. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

They haven't abandoned it! It's in just as good condition as "Billy's Highway". But it may take a little longer. But again, way less stressful.

Fitnessguy and loudbang like this.
  5. trollst

trollst

#1 is a way better drive than the coq, I'm surprised fitness guy you wouldn't know that. The coq is 4 lane boring flat out compete with the holiday trailer hauling go too fast diesel truck crowd. The canyon is where its at, better if you have time, is the hope-princeton, fabulous hot rod drive.

6. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

I like the lower route. Through Manning Park, etc.
    The Coq and the Connector can get snow in July.
    There was some snow up there this week.

57 Fargo and loudbang like this.
  7. trollst

trollst

The lower route is hwy #3 for those who don't know....an absolutely beautiful drive.

loudbang and 57 Fargo like this.
  8. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Like most folks, once the coq was built we just never end up taking the canyon. Whenever i head down to Mission for the races or Van with the family, it's in one of the daily's so it's just about getting their quick. Click the cruise on at 120 and roll. The one joy of new vehicles.

Blue One, loudbang and trollst like this.
  9. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I was going to suggest #3 as that's a great drive especially with a manual tranny. But of course you can go one way and come back the other...

loudbang likes this.
  10. USMercUte

USMercUte
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow, I knew we were anxious to enter but my wife really secured a low number, this came in the mail today. Matches the "8" on my eight ball shifter. Still finishing details, hope to have a test drive tomorrow. Plan to put our H.A.M.B. handle on the window sticker so we all know who we are. We will exit the U.S. and visit B & N Hot Rods in Maple Ridge before crossing with a Canadian group to the Island for the event. See you there....Cheers, John and Dawn WIN_20190625_20_31_22_Pro.jpg

11. Had the pleasure of stumbling into Victoria a couple years ago, totally unaware that it was Deuce Days, gotta say it was incredible to see all the cars that were cruising around, not just Deuces, it was all there.
    Every turnout was filled with rods.
    Cool stuff for sure!

Fry and loudbang like this.
  12. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

Any seasoned travellers or locals have hotel suggestions for lower mainland?
    I’m googling looking for a place with secure parking but nobody seems to list that info. Are there any areas less likely to get a car stolen? I know the area in general is known for car thefts.

We have a reservation one morning for Tsawwassen at 10, so I don’t really have to be super close to the terminal.

loudbang likes this.
  13. wackdaddy

wackdaddy

Stay in Langley or east ( Abbotsford or Chilliwack). Try and find the old school type motel that has your parking spot RIGHT outside your door ... not a parking lot that is 5 minutes from your room. That way you can keep an eye on your car, and if you are a light sleeper like me and someone is f'ing with your car you can have your hands around the bastard's throat before he even knows it!

HemiDeuce, Blue One, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  14. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

15. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Super 8 in Abby is good. Quiet and u can park right by your room like you said. We’ve stayed there several times and it’s always been good

wackdaddy, loudbang and Fry like this.
  16. PoTaToTrUcK

PoTaToTrUcK

I can go from Abbotsford to the ferry in one hour.

loudbang likes this.
  17. Will be travelling down Island to attend with my son. I will be bring my '28 Roadster and he will have his '31 Hemi Roadster there!
    This show is the best! :cool:

IMG_20181013_1403084.jpg

18. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I only wish I had been finished with the RPU and had registered for the event.

With any luck they’ll have another one in 2 years.
    I’ll keep my fingers crossed and watch for updates and pictures.

USMercUte and loudbang like this.
  19. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

We look forward to having all you guys here for Deuce Days!

Fitnessguy and loudbang like this.
  20. If & when they have another Deuce Days (Victoria) it will be in 3 years! You must be very close to being finished?

21. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Yes, I’ll be driving it by the end of August I’m thinking.

USMercUte, loudbang and RetroSteel like this.
  22. Reading these posts I’m starting to get excited!

Attached Files:

23. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Bring warm clothes. No, really. I'm by the water now at noon, and it's 56 F.
    The show will be by the seashore, and in the evenings it can be chilly.

Ironically, I will be out of town for most if not all the event. Oh well, I made it to the last one.

loudbang likes this.
  24. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

For everyone traveling up I-5 through northern California, there is major highway construction between Anderson and Mt. Shasta. North bound flows pretty good most of the time but, south bound necks down to one lane in two places for a total of about 30 miles. We just took 6 hours to make what's normally a 3 hour drive. Granted, it was a 4 day weekend, but still be forewarned.

USMercUte and loudbang like this.
  25. USMercUte

USMercUte
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well tried as hard as I could my Phaeton will not be at Deuce Days. I simply ran out of time to get it to the point of reliability for that long of trip. Ten years ago I would have worked till midnight as many nights as it took to make it happen. I finally reached a point where I had to pull the pin.
    Disappointed, you bet, but my 46 Mercury Ute (my avatar) is my backup and we are still leaving this Friday for a leisurely trip up. So look for my UTE and I hope to see a lot of you as well a s our old friends. As my signature line says, I am kicking A LOT of grass right now, Cheers, John P1000268.1.jpg P1000230.1.JPG P1000246.1.JPG P1000249.1.JPG P1000250.1.JPG

26. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

It’s looking good. Seems like you and I are in the same boat as far as attending next time with new cars.

USMercUte likes this.
  27. Lil32

Lil32

USMercUte and Rramjet1 like this.
  28. Rramjet1

Rramjet1

USMercUte, Fitnessguy, Lil32 and 2 others like this.
  29. USMercUte

USMercUte
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We are heading to Maple Ridge, catching up with a few Canadian friends, taking the ferry to the island from Tsawwassen early Thursday morning.

loudbang likes this.