Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage WISCONSIN FENDERLESS HOT RODS & WISDOT

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Curt R, Jul 1, 2019.

1. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Censorship is not a good option anywhere. You seem to be concerned with your own rights but want to suppress others. Slippery slope, indeed.

2. Alright, now back to our regular scheduled programming.... If you have something positive to help this situation, feel free to post away. Just keep it on topic is all we ask.

3. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

No one is preventing a conversation on this subject......

Picture examples are to be of HAMB ERA Hot Rods etc.

I deleted examples that had nothing to do with the HAMB - such as Dually wheel trucks etc.

Discuss sway - just post HAMB ERA examples.

For those who had their example posts deleted, you should know why and lets stay on topic.

Thanks,
    Moderator.

4. A Boner

A Boner

image.png Anyone from RACINE WISCONSIN know anything about this guy?

5. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

There has been over a thousand views of this thread since I posted this question at10:20 last night and the only reply I received was from 2OLD2FAST and he said the Wi T bucket group that he must hang with have had no problems! So again I wonder is this a state wide problem or did two poor guys end up in the wrong place at the wrong time and get caught up in our political/ legal hell hole! By the way 2OLD2FAST I have no idea what AFAIK stands for?! I know what SNAFU stands for { situation normal all fucked up } :rolleyes: lol Is it like that? lol Larry

Also the other day I was discussing this subject with a friend and fellow club member who like a number of others I have talked to thought the case had been resolved and the charges dismissed. He was also surprise when I told him about the inspection and its results. He went on to tell me that when he bought his 38 Ford pickup close to 20 years ago from a collector car dealer down by Racine { I think the name was Valintino or something , they where out on 41 next to the interstate} that they asked what kind of plate he wanted. He asked if he could add it to his collector plates since he was already a registered collector. They said sure and all was fine till the following summer when he was pulled over coming back from a show near Black River Falls. He and his wife sat there for an hour while the trooper did a complete inspection. The officer was polite and friendly and afterwards told him that everything was according to the rules and the truck passed with flying colors except that it had the wrong plates and that he just had to change it to Hobbyist plate and gave him the paper work he needed and told him to have a nice trip home and again was very polite and respectful. And by the way the truck is a heavily modified pro street build and the officer said had it had the Hobbyist plate he would have had no reason to pull him over to begin with! Makes me wonder had these cars been running a hobbyist plate to begin with would they have been pulled over? Most likely, but who knows . Again more questions and no answers :( Larry

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    Stogy likes this.
  6. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

AFAIK = as far as I know.
    Marcus...

0NE BAD 51 MERC and Stogy like this.
  7. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

^^^^^ See YLSNED {you learn something new every day} Thanks nrgwizard , everyone seems to use these and I have never been able to keep up with them LOL Larry

8. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

You're welcome. Acronyms save typing, but some can be difficult to figure out. & then there's govt & its' statute/bill naming... ;( ;( ;( .
    Marcus...

0NE BAD 51 MERC likes this.
  9. A Boner

A Boner

Anyone from Racine on the H.A.M.B.?

10. A Boner

A Boner

Anyone from Kenosha on the H.A.M.B.?

11. TO ALL WISCONSIN CONCERNED RODDERS
    I'm getting information that contacting the legislators is working. More info will come as things develop.
    You guys know who you are.
    HUUUUUGGGGE THANKS!!!!!!
    EVERYBODY ELSE CONTINUE CONTACTING THE LEGISLATORS!!!!!!!
    Curt R

Max Gearhead likes this.
  12. A Boner

A Boner

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  13. Being from Milwaukee, I have my doubts on Senator Lena Taylor, or Representative Lakeshia Myers helping our cause, but I'll give it a shot anyways.

RICH B and tractorguy like this.
  14. A Boner

A Boner

Try asking your legislators how the WISCONSIN STATE PATROL can make it illegal for "Dodgeville Brad" to drive his 32 for almost a year without being convicted of anything in a court of law. Ask them why the STATE PATROL/WISDOT ripped up his legal car title from the car he bought out of state and then issues a new Wisconsin title. In other words why can/does the Wisconsin State Patrol destroy the legal history of a car from another state? You would think keeping a paper trail would help deter auto theft and stuff. I think the car and previous title was from Indiana.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  15. A Boner

A Boner

You could also ask them why doesn't the WSP help out with the car theft/car chases/and innocent citizens getting killed in THEIR districts, and making the majority living there, fear for their lives. Spend our tax money there! The hot rod fender situation seems like a WAY LOWER priority.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    tractorguy likes this.
  16. 18n57

18n57

Planned to attend Mississippi Mayhem event..probably not now. Contacted organizers to see if they can clarify the situation. Plenty of other states to visit, don’t need to spend money or time in Wisconsin.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

D-Russ and a boner like this.
  17. alchemy

alchemy

I don't live in Wisconsin, but I can say I won't be attending any hot rod events or spending my tourist money there. Good luck to the locals on getting their laws and enforcement cleared up.

D-Russ, 18n57 and a boner like this.
  18. GTS225

GTS225

***************************************************************************************

OK. Did you have any hotel reservations laid on? If you did, and you need to cancel them, make sure to tell the hotel management as to the reason(s) why.

Either way, if you get a response from the organizer(s), please post it in this thread, so as to keep the rest of us informed.

Roger

19. 95E04D1D-F341-4EFC-9263-0E993F872700.jpeg
    Screen shot from FB

Old wolf likes this.
  20. Yep
    Was hoping for clarification from the experts here

Old wolf and milwscruffy like this.
  21. I haven't seen any post by Curt Rymkus.

22. He posted today. 12 Posts above yours.

Old wolf likes this.
  23. Ok My mistake he didn't make it clear who he was.

24. GTS225

GTS225

So, that's how the "leaders" in Wisconsin are going to do it? A trooper wrongly writes two tickets, the two individuals that get cited attempt to fight the discrepancy, and Wisconsin rodders get riled about their treatment by the courts. They respond by querying their respective elected reps, the reps start asking questions, and the DMV decides to punish everybody by vacating their duly issued titles, registrations, and plates? Will there be a refund on those costs to the hobbyist? If not, it sounds like fraud to me.
    You all have to know that you're going to have to jump through all their little circus hoops again, just to register your rods, right? And then you're going to have to pay, AGAIN, for the privilege of doing so.

It also shows that troopers can get law changes simply by writing incorrect citations. Since when does law enforcement get to rewrite the laws by "enforcement"?

Roger

25. hotrod1948

hotrod1948
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milton, WI

Are we sure all Hobbyist Plates have been suspended or is it just the previous one indicated of Brad's 32?

Old wolf likes this.
  26. WISDOT DID NOT suspend all "HOBBYIST" plates in Wisconsin!!!

I used the plural of plate because Wisconsin issues two license plateS.

Brad's 32 "HOBBYIST' plateS, were suspended. Prior to him getting "HOBBYIST" plateS he had regular annual license plateS. Those were suspended also.

If any Wisconsin resident feels the handling of this situation by WISDOT deserves a closer look, ask you legislator to find out what's going on.
    To find your legislator go here https://legis.wisconsin.gov/

Curt R

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    milwscruffy likes this.
  27. GTS225

GTS225

OK. My bad. I misinterpreted Curt's post on this, and assumed that all hobbyist plates, and thus registrations had been vacated for system-wide review.

Sorry to start an uproar, boys.

This still stinks, due to the charges being dropped by the court, but the two involved individuals having to have their cars reinspected by the same people that don't want them on the road in the first place.

Roger

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    Old wolf likes this.
  28. GTS225 and hotrod1948
    All whole lot of people thought ALL "HOBBYIST" plates had been suspended. It was necessary for me to go on other social media and post a clarification. Some other people weren't as nice about my f**++##p journalistic skills as the two of you. I appreciate your restraint and understanding.
    Curt R

milwscruffy, Max Gearhead and raven like this.

29. Larry,

There have been citations issued to hot rods in the past years some correct some wrong. Some were brought to my attention, specifically. As for recently other than the Dodgeville incidents I am not aware of any in the last year and a half. I have been told of some individuals just paying the fine, right or wrong. Undoubtedly some people never say anything about citations.

I have been informed the question was put to WSP if the ticketing of hot rods or older cars is a statewide problem. The answer was "no". If the answer would have been "yes" more questions would have been put to WSP so the "no" answer isn't a surprise.

If the Dodgeville area WSP trooper was focusing on hot rods only he knows, he ain't sayin. For sweeping issues under the rug, I've heard of such things but not about this.

Curt R

0NE BAD 51 MERC likes this.