Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Another new project - 51 Dodge Wayfarer

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by neonhorse, Mar 7, 2019.

1. neonhorse

neonhorse
    from arlington

Dodge.jpg Well, put this on the wrong thread the first time. Just picked up this Dodge, cheap. Super solid, just normal mechanical issues. These things seem to be as rare as hens teeth. I am thinking bag it, lakes pipes and whitewalls. Then drive the wheels off of it. If anyone has a left rear fender, I may be interested.
    Anyone bagged one of these? I have heard that aerostar front springs will lower the front and give you a progressive rate spring too. Anyone done that? I have a 1/2 mile long gravel driveway, so i cant go too low.
    Last thing, anyone have a trunk latch and handle?

2. 'Mo

'Mo

Here's one for inspiration. (From SoCal Car Culture.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Why not ditch the deck handle?

[​IMG]

3. Love that Phat lil monsta! You did good, there’s a ton of potential in it for a custom, first cause of its rarity!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. Go to p15-d24.com for more info or parts

classiccarjack likes this.

5. neonhorse

neonhorse
    from arlington

That one is super sweet. Dont know if mine will ever look that good. Hoping to keep the patina, so I cant fill the hole from the decklid handle.

classiccarjack likes this.
  6. neonhorse

neonhorse
    from arlington

Well, might get kicked off the page for this, but: I just picked up a 440 out of a motorhome, and cheap. So, I think I am going to go the gasser route on it. Still gonna try to keep the nostalgic look, at least on the outside, but there may be some upgrades under the hood like electronic ignition and an alternator.

7. I like it, my dad had one very similar, same color. HRP

8. neonhorse

neonhorse
    from arlington

9. neonhorse

neonhorse
    from arlington

It's not exactly a traditional look, but I like it anyways. Although I think it is cool that i found a more traditional offenhauser intake, and i will probably use a different air cleaner. Sorry, but I like the MP rocker covers, even if they are billet.

10. earlymopar

earlymopar

The MP covers are die-cast not billet-machined.

- EM