Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Guy from Texas

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Ty C. Denton, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Ty C. Denton

Ty C. Denton
    from Austin, TX

Howdy, y'all! Clearly, I'm new to the forum. I just reacquired my grandfather's 1952 Chevy 3100. It's been in my family since my grandfather bought it used in 1955. My aunt and uncle have had it for the last 20 or so years and had it fully restored a few years ago (it's my avatar pic). They were moving and no longer had room for the truck so I was able to get it back. I've only had it for a couple of days now, but am super excited to learn more about it and have already been digging through the forums here. My other toy is a 1995 Impala SS--much too new for this forum I know, so I'll limit my questions to the '52.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

Welcome from Indiana! Nice looking truck. What’s your plan for it? Enjoy your time on the H.A.M.B. lots of good people here. Regards, Randy

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

lothiandon1940 and Ty C. Denton like this.
  3. Glad you have you! Tons of stuff here to read and learn up on along with the same amount of opinions on different things to make you think. Enjoy!

Ty C. Denton likes this.
  4. Ty C. Denton

Ty C. Denton
    from Austin, TX

Thanks for the welcome! I plan on keeping the truck mostly stock aside from the few creature comforts added during the resto (power steering, modern 2bbl carb with an electric choke). Trying to get my gas gauge working now, but that's a topic for another post, haha!

5. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. Well as you likely already know there are lots of good shops and old car culture in and around Austin so help & parts should not be much of a problem. You might look at these 2 websites I am including as they are great sources for parts. www.chevsofthe40s.com or www.fillingstation.com. Both also offer paper catalogues and chevs of the 40's (they carry parts thru the 50's) even has separate catalogs for car, truck or street rods. My avatar shows the 1957 235 engine in my 46 Chevy coupe. The intake and headers and cam are from Clifford and the carbs are 2 bbl Webers. I am a couple hours south of you between Yoakum and Victoria. My 46 Coupe is not on the road right now as I got rear ended last year by a texter speeding on cruise. Hopefully next year I will be able to get it back on the road. Jimmie