Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 1933 Ford 5 Window Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by crashfarmer, Jul 8, 2019.

1. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

I went to the Dean Paxson estate auction in Creston, Iowa to watch the cars sell. I don't get the opportunity to see a 1933 Ford 5 Window Coupe selling at an estate auction every day and so close to home! I used my new GoPro hat clip to mount my camera to video the cars selling, kind of nice to have a hands free camera but I pointed the camera a little too high and at times the video is a little wobbly but then I'm a little wobbly also so that stands to reason. :) Anyhow, I had fun watching this 1933 Ford 5 window coupe selling. Looks like it will be quite the project because it's sort of a basket case like my 1955 Sedan Delivery. :) My wife calls my Sedan Delivery a life sized model car. :)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. Couldn't make out the hammer price. What was it? Thanks for sharing, somebody will get an opportunity for mine one day.

crashfarmer likes this.
  3. I think it was $14,000

crashfarmer likes this.
  4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

right place at the right time - Thanks for posting

crashfarmer likes this.

5. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

Yes it was $14,000 sold to buyer number 71. It was sold to somebody that was at the auction not an internet bidder. I'm not entirely sure I like to bid against an unknown internet buyer. When I bid I like to see the other people bidding against me. It just kind of makes me a little uncomfortable to not be able to eyeball the competition.

Anyhow, I'm going to work on the 1956 Studebaker Hawk video next followed by the Corvette.

6. rusty valley

rusty valley

had i known about the auction, i would have been there. seems like a good price if not too rusty. any one here get it?

7. sirmikebatt

sirmikebatt

8. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Very cool story. A good buy for 14K.