Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Spare Time

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by deathrowdave, Jul 9, 2019.

1. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

What does everyone else do with Spare Time ?

Attached Files:

Sandgroper and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. Chgo Sox Fan

Chgo Sox Fan

Brew beer. I have a 3 tap kegerator (converted from a Wal-Mart chest freezer) with enough room to add a 4th tap. Brew stouts, porters and for summer a blood orange wheat.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Spare time? What the hell is that?

kidcampbell71, scotty t, Tim and 2 others like this.
  4. Marcosmadness

Marcosmadness
    from California

You don't have enough projects if you have "spare time"!

5. I retired last year; still don't know what spare time is.

VANDENPLAS and 56don like this.
  6. Isn't that when you're supposed to sleep?

guthriesmith and VANDENPLAS like this.
  7. I have been retired 19 years, and don't have spare time. It is raining now, and I was forced to stop working on the garage and retreat to the house. I spent the rest of the day doing a long overdue cleanup (unfinished) in my attached garage.
    I have ongoing health problems, so everything needs attention.
    Bob

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  8. Doublepumper

Doublepumper
    from WA-OR, USA

Spare time? Isn't that when you get a flat?

9. Casey Riley

Casey Riley
    from Minnesota

My spare time is usually Saturday and Sunday morning before 9 am. I smoke a cigar and drink coffee in the garage. I find it very difficult to relax if the weather allows me to get ahead on miscellaneous projects that need done. But before my wife and daughter wake up I have ME time in a recliner in my garage for YouTube videos and a premium cigar.

Sandgroper and Texas Webb like this.
  10. I found out retirement does NOT afford you any spare time. I don't know how in the world I ever got anything at all done when I worked full time. Something always needs fixing or some kind of attention, especially in the warm weather months. I have been planning to get drunk again one of these days but I just can't find the time....:eek:

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

sitting here at computer reading all of the threads here

catdad49 and jnaki like this.
  12. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

13. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I retired almost 6 years ago and like it has been said, I don't know how in the world I ever got anything done when I worked full time. I am asked all the time if I get bored since I have retired. HELL NO! Between tinkering with my old cars, swap meets, yard work, grandkids ball games and motocross racing and the hundred other things I seem to never have time for I am lucky to get time to drink a cold one every now and then. Not that I am bitching, I have pretty good health, a great wife of almost 50 years and my kids and grandkids are all doing well. But spare time is very hard to come by in this neck of the woods:D

14. catdad49

catdad49

Isn't that when you get older and your pants don't fit like they used to?!

OLSKOOL57 likes this.
  15. Between, my regular job, my side business, family commitments, and regular house maintenance, my "spare time" is my hot rodding time. Both driving and working on it...
    Chappy

16. When I started drawing Social Security. Folks would come by wanting me to work on their stuff. No hurry they would say just do it in your spare time. I asked them what was spare time? and should I charge more per hour for spare time than regular time? I had a hard time convincing folks my days of selling part of my life for money are in the past. I worked a couple of hours this morning. its already too hot today for this old man to be outside. Now playing with the grandsons and on the puter. I trapped a Racoon last nite. The grandsons watched me dispatch that chicken killer. No such thing as spare time for me. My wife never has any also.

17. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Four months into retirement.
    Of course this is the busiest time of year. I am really enjoying it. With no stress or major responsibilities it’s almost like I’m 17 again.
    Been busy doing house repairs, working on my old fords and the kids old cars and boating/fishing.
    Fun fun. Haven’t found any spare time yet but I imagine winter will have lots of that.
    Unless I find another car project.

18. Gman0046

Gman0046

Fishing is my number one spare time activity. Old cars number two.

olscrounger likes this.