Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals 2019: Registration is open!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I bet @Rocky could give the trophy a ride south? Realistically I’d say @Russco could plan on running the show and we can figure out a ride for it between now and then.

2. Yeah, I could pick it up in K.C.....it's been a long time since I got lost in K.C.. Tim, aren't you coming this year? Wondering why you don't bring that trophy to Joplin. BTW, are all meeting up at Pete and Jakes again this year? I need a new T-shirt...................again! I need to train myself to not wear my new shirt while welding.

3. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I’m thinking I’ve spent all my hot rod vacation days on the hill climb in September. There’s a chance I still make Joplin but not enough to count on

4. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

@Rocky if it’s not too far out of your way and you don’t mind grabbing it that would be great, if not, @Jermo said he lives fairly close and could give it a ride if needed.

5. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Well, I live super close to Rocky’s route and work pretty close to @Jermo so either is fine.

6. KI love it when a plan comes together. Thanks fellas

Tim likes this.
  7. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Ok, so I’ll get some decals going and I’ll bring a small table for registration and I usually meet up with @Jermo anyways. So if @Tim can work the trophy ride out with either Jermo or @Rocky I think we’re in business. I’ll try to do my best guys. I’ll start a regular thread to get the word out.

8. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I’m gonna go grab the trophy tomorrow.

9. Digger AT MMOOKKAANN.jpg
    Bringing this, my 2 year driving at HAMB, 5th over all. Cant wait.

Russco likes this.
  10. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You are a wuss if you don't drive it around the hotel parking lot.

-Abone.

raven, Russco and Tim like this.
  11. No sweat, Tim. I can grab it Friday afternoon. I'll need directions or an address for GPS help. Or if you can get sway, meet up at Pete and Jakes. Just let me know...

Tim likes this.
  12. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

13. 2700km from my house, one of these years I’ll make the trip, we should organize something from up here. We could meet up somewhere and head there.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

14. trollst

trollst

You know, fargo.....that might be an idea, there are enough of us, we could make a canuck showing, some planning might be in order. Any of you guys from this side of the border interested? Not this year, but next year?

15. atch

atch

Hey, you guys from north of the 49th: Please make the effort. This event ranks right up there with Speed Week at Bonneville or (if you ride) going to Sturgis when the bikes are there or whatever other event that floats your boat. It's a must do, at least once (or more) in your life.

MO_JUNK likes this.
  16. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep:

Sent from my SM-G970U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

straykatkustoms and Tim like this.
  17. razoo lew

razoo lew
    from Calgary

Yes. I would be interested!

18. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

19. It's been awhile since I came down for this, but I just made my reservations and registration. See you there

20. raven

raven

Glad you are coming flt-blk. It's been too long since we saw you there.
    r

21. I still remember #1 like it was yesterday. I had B'Ville salt all over the Model A and a broken windshield from that trip.
    I am older but not wiser now.
    TZ

raven and straykatkustoms like this.
  22. Aren't we all?

raven likes this.
  23. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The first one was a hot one, thankfully Rashy & Monkey had a tent... Look forward to seeing ya,

MO_JUNK likes this.
  24. In process of registering hope to be there again with the 40....Would like to figure out a way to get the thee window down there as well.

Russco likes this.
  25. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Have you had any track time since last year? If so, what did it run?

You, Rusco and I are going to have to do a 3 way '40 coupe battle.

-Abone.

T Malone and Russco like this.
  26. I am having a hell of a lot of fun with the car.....Just makes me want something that would crank out a mid-10
    Everything behind the motor is now new, including the transmission and chrome moly drive shaft. 12:60 is still the best at the fallout at Rock Falls two tears ago. Right before last years fallout I broke my super t-10 just while driving out to a local cruise night:):):). That trans a "Z" code that has a really weak 1st gear 3.42, 2.28, 1.46, 1.00 ratio spread, and I was running 3:73's. Now I have a "W" code that can handle the torque but it's a 2.64, 1.75, 1.34, 1.00, and I went to a 3.90 gear with the 9". I think the "Z" was part of the reason I was spinning so much out of the hole, and I am hoping the motor torque will ease it out a little better.

I went to the pie crust event at Byron a few weeks ago. The "no track prep" on the first 60 foot and no burnout really killed everybody's times. Everything I ran was 13.30's but I had one pass where my MPH was higher than when I ran the 12.60.

Russco likes this.
  27. I just received word today my vacation request has been pulled. we have been running very short in my department at the hospital I work at. do to several staff members leaving for various reasons all vacations have been cancelled until more staff can be hired and trained. they hired a few recently but they are not trained yet were they can be on their own. so unfortunately I wont be making it this year. im not too happy about the news. I was really looking forward to returning to the event.

28. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That sucks. We will drink your share of beer in your absence.

-Abone.

racer-x likes this.
  29. darn responsibilities

30. Heh Ryan, are the packets on the way?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.