Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 41 ford front end sheet metal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kbgreen, Jul 9, 2019.

1. kbgreen

kbgreen
    1. Georgia Hambers

I need help figuring out how the front fender sheet metal is attached to the truck.

I've discovered that I am missing sheet metal parts around the grill. I've repaired the front fenders and am mounting them back on the truck, but with left/right alignment problems. I see a v-shaped rod mounted to the frame under the engine with arms that extend out to the inner fender sheet metal. Is there any other support point for the front fenders at the radiator?

2. 19Fordy

19Fordy

These attach to where the V bracket bolts to the inner fender panels.The other end attaches to the sides of the radiator. Go to Fordbarn and ask someone to post photos of how they look installed on pickup.
    https://www.bobdrake.com/FordItem.a...Category=21956e57-b0dd-486a-b549-615256b7a250

Here's the 1940 V bracket that rides on the the front cross member and is attached with a spring and a nut and bolt on a 40 Ford car. Is this what you have? 41 pick up might use the same bracket.

Attached Files:

kbgreen likes this.
  3. 4tford

4tford

there should be a bracket on each side of the radiator that mounts to radiator and the inner fender.

kbgreen likes this.
  4. 19Fordy

19Fordy

This shows one of those brackets fastened to where the V bracket would be bolted to the inner fender panel.
    In this case, the V bracket has been replaced by angle iron brackets.

IMG_3903 (Small)best.jpg

kbgreen likes this.

5. kbgreen

kbgreen
    1. Georgia Hambers

Thanks guys. Yes, the v-bracket is on the car, but the two brackets that connect the radiator to the v-bracket mounting location at the inner fender are missing. Y'all are a huge help!

Thanks 19fordy for the Bob Drakes page. I am missing the inner fender braces as well, they ought to stiffen the midsection of the fenders. I also see the radiator grill pan is missing. I don't see how the grill pan will center and stiffen the front portion of the fenders though. Do your cars/trucks have the radiator grill pan?

6. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Like on the 40 Ford car, the grill pan fits under the radiator and attaches to the chin pan below the grille which in turn attaches to the fenders, I think.

Best if you contact folks who own 41 Ford pick ups and ask them what books and manuals you need to provide info you need. Try Ebay also.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019