Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods If it was a snake I would have been bit

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

My current plan of action is when I buy something for the car, when it comes in, it goes directly to the car. Usually I lay it on the cowl or air cleaner, that way it will be out in open sight. If I put it inside the car or on one of the toolboxes, it magically disappears and I forget I bought it, so I buy another. When it comes in, I lay it right beside the first one I bought, thinking, when did I buy this? So now, on the car it goes. If I have to dig through stuff to find something, it’s all in a pile on the car.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  2. At work, if you find something that someone else can't, you earn the right to tell them, "Open your drunken eyes!" o_O

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  3. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Okayyyy…..

This post is about a Traditional Hot Rod or Custom Car...…right ?

4. I would think the car falls into that line, It's a pre '65 car I'm using the part on. HRP

5. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

The fact that you edited in the last 4 minutes to add a picture I wasn't sure what you were focused on.
    Thanks.

Lets keep focused on the cars....

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  6. jvo

jvo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dammit guys, am I ever glad this thread came up. I'm gonna be 65 in a couple of months, and I've experienced pretty much all of the above, same as you guys, and that's the point. I was beginning to think I was losing my mind and now my mind is at ease. Thank you.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. Oldb

Oldb

The Cornwell truck had a nice serpentine belt tool on sale, so I bought it. Got home and it was too long to go in the tool box, so thinking a good place to keep it on the peg board would be right above the long level. I get the step ladder and go up there, and you guessed it already had one there.

B

HOTRODPRIMER and lonejacklarry like this.
  8. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

HRP this sounds so very familiar. Yesterday I was looking for my jig saw. I had used it last in the house while doing a remodeling project, I knew I had taken it back to the garage and looked everywhere for it and couldn’t find it. She was in the garage less than 10 minutes and found it! I’m like you had cataracts removed now 20-20 vision and still am blind

dirty old man and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  9. I copied and saved the photo from my album when I was typing the text and until you ask the question I was unaware that I didn't paste the photo.

Thank you for pointing it out. HRP

10. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

I always like while your looking for something and someone says it's not there in the place your looking. If they don't know where it is don't tell me where it's not!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  11. Dan Timberlake

Dan Timberlake

===========
    Mighty funny Bob.

I don't have to ask, or even say a single d#mn word to get "the lecture."

Dan T

j-jock and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  12. Looked all over the shop for a new lens for my face shield. I now I have 3 of them and there in the paint supply cabinet. Can't find them, I looked in the cabinet 3 or 4 times and not there. Looked everywhere in the shop. Found them in the paint supply cabinet an hour later.

Sent from my smartass phone when it wants toThe H.A.M.B. mobile app

lonejacklarry and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  13. Sisco Kid

Sisco Kid

I have a very small shop so I have to keep things pretty neat and organized. There
    is always that one part or special tool I can't find. I don't know about anybody else
    but I can picture in my mind where it is at, but it isn't

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  14. 2935ford

2935ford

Yup been there done that.
    "Honey, would you come out to the garage and have a look for this part"...... Yes, I drew a picture of it.
    Within seconds, "This?" she says. Ugh, drats!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  15. This year has been pretty challenging (my mother's had a brain tumor removed, we moved, and I was hit head-on with our two youngest in the car), and even the best can have one of those moments-

Mrs. Yankee called me the other day, because she couldn't find her phone... we BOTH had a good laugh about it :D

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  16. This all goes along with cleaning up the shop - once done it takes me weeks to find everything I thought was “right there”!!!!!!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  17. I can't recall ever having any problems with my memory.

HOTRODPRIMER and ekimneirbo like this.
  18. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

What I hate is planning out in your mind what you are going to do tommorrow.......and when the end of the day comes tommorrow......I got side tracked by so many little things I wanted to finish that I never even touched the tommorrow project.

Even worse than that is having something in your hand, and in the course of all the small jobs that distract you, you lay it down.........and then no matter how much you search, you can't find where you laid it! Last time, I opened a drawer to get something. A mouse had made a nest by chewing paper that was in the drawer and adding fiberglass insulation and mouse turds to the mix. Naturally I set the item in my hand down in the front section of the drawer. It was something thin and small. As I rooted thru the remaining papers in the drawer to save what the mouse hadn't ruined, I sat those papers on top of the item I set down. Scooped up the nest and took it to the garbage. Grabbed a small car vacuum and finished cleaning out the turds. Put the vac away. Got distracted by wife/phone/tv/friend/other project
    (take your pick). Finally got back to original project and could not find the part I had had in my hand earlier. Looked everywhere I had been. Wife looked too. After about an hour, I went to close the drawer and picked up the papers to set them back in the drawer. There it was......under the papers. Duh !

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  19. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

Yes,BUT we always know right where its at............unlike women who must carry their "bag" in their hand and can never find their keys or whatever. In their favor though, their bags have designer labels and look much nicer in public.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  20. Pop warned me that I'd go blind but I figured it was worth risking one eye!

21. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

One of my favorite episodes of 2 1/2 Men has Charlie and a lady laying in bed naked when Charlies brother Allen walks in. Allen introduces himself and Charlie introduces the lady. Allen extends his hand and shakes the lady's hand.
    Charlie smiles wryly and says...."She's got a hell of grip, ain't she

22. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Let's get back to cars.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.