Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Lending a helping hand

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Bill Nabors

Bill Nabors

I haven’t belonged to NSRA in many years but my number was in fellowpages until I dropped my home phone and went to cell service only. I got several calls over the years and help a few.
    It was a good idea, but I do not want to join NSRA again. I would be open to some sort of directory. Maybe have out phone numbers in our info, if you could keep scammers out.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  2. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Yes the fellow pages is without a doubt the best thing that NSRA does. I have been called too, but just for information never a repair

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  3. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Your kindness is only exceeded by your good will . Thank again for showing what good people we have on the HAMB .

4. Hombre

Hombre

Your the man Danny!!

Deuces and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  5. Years past I enjoyed reading a thread here, something like San Diego Highwayman or close and decided to follow his lead and do a better job of being helpful. Keep a chain, floor jack, star wrench and a few other bits in my daily. Usually end up with a good story. So many people that just haven’t a clue what to do when things aren’t working like they should. Not a bag on them, I’m sure they are good at video games or something..
    Good job Danny, from the Smoking Chicken Kid

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Yes this can be a tough place. But when push comes to shove, it"s a good place to be. Danny...good on you. Things have a way of coming around !!! Lippy

7. You're a good Dude, Danny. I know our world is changing, bu I still teach my kids to help whenever they can, and not just with cool old cars. My oldest Son (14 yrs old) actually helped me remember to do the same a few weekends ago. We were testing in the 54' after some tuning and it was starting to rain, and looked to be about to get a lot worse. I don't yet have functional wipers on the 54'. We passed a young guy halfway under his 94-95 Honda Accord, parked just barely off the road in a blind curve. I said "Man, We have tools, wish we could help but I don't know that we would make it home once the rain picks up....bummer." My Son quickly responded "We're close to home. Why don't we just go get your truck and come back?" ......That was a DUH moment and a proud Papa moment. We did go back, and the car was there but the driver was gone, and it was pouring buckets.....We didn't get to offer a hand, but I'm glad that my Son has a helping spirit.
    On the way home I explained the dangers involved in helping these days, and how to always be careful....but I also explained to keep that spirit and how rare and important of a Character trait that is.

8. deuceman32

deuceman32

Good one! And traditional, as well. Danny, did you give them a little card that says, "You have just been assisted by a member of the Tri-City Rod and Custom Club"?

9. OLSKOOL57

OLSKOOL57

Danny,
    I do not know you personally, but for the 5 months I have been a member, I have seen you are respected here. Doesn’t surprise me that you would pick up and go help somebody in an instant. Thanks for helping the senior couple.

10. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Danny, gotta tell this story. At an out door show a few years ago, shows over and we are all packing up to go. Got all my gear (and who ever elses gear I was hauling) in the bed of the 48 and start moving and notice a small crowd around a very nice 40 Ford coupe. For some reason it didn't look like the usual admiring crowd. Cranks but wont start was the answer.------Small block Chevie with an HEI----Whe are all thinking modul or coil. I had spare distributor in my Mc Gyver box, so I volenteer. Before we dig into the distributor, for some reason my mind said "go back to square one" Cranks, wont fire----got fuel? You can see it squirt looking down the carb. No spark from the distributor. -----Does the distributor have juice? Told the driver put ignition in run position. Pulled the distributor feed line and checked with a test light ---AHA---nothing!! OK, some body comes up with a jumper line from the battery and jury rigged it into the HEI feed. IT fired right up!!!! The genius part was feeding the HEI with out having to un hook it from the battery to turn the engine off. Hooked it up to the head light feed, turn the headlight on, it runs, off, no juice to the distributor. Got him home. Starter switch was the culprit. Good commitee work. Bill

11. You are a GOOD man Danny!!!! Bruce. 001.JPG

Hombre and Deuces like this.
  12. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

For the newer guys, The H.A.M.B. actually has its own newer version of this.
    Simply post a thread of your need of help on the main board. If you don’t have a smart phone, use your flip phone to call a fellow Hamber near a computer and he can post for you.

I wouldn’t expect anything less from you Danny. :)

Hombre and Deuces like this.