Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Great news article on upcoming Deuce Days in Victoria, B.C.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RetroSteel, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is a great article written by some who not only did their homework but is interested. I know of one local 32 that is going out of Port Angeles.

wackdaddy, RetroSteel and Stllrng. like this.
  2. I've never been to the show but when sis it open up to other cars, I was under the impression it was just a Deuce show. HRP

3. On Sunday, there is a separate parking area nearby for non Deuce cars.

Phil

jim snow, RetroSteel and Stllrng. like this.

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep the non 32 Ford get put over in the cheap seats. Those aren't bad seats by any stretch though. But at least they get to go. Saving grace for a couple of guys I communicate with as their 32 project isn't to a point where it can be driven.

RetroSteel and Stllrng. like this.
  5. I didn’t make it last time, but I’ll be there this year!

Attached Files:

Hamtown Al, ss34coupe and RetroSteel like this.
  6. HOTRODPRIMER, yes even though the show is called Deuce Days it is open to Pre 1952 vehicles. That said, aprox. 600 vehicles will be 1932 Fords! Not too many shows can say that!
    Also the '32's get premier parking on the lawn of the Empress Hotel & the B.C. Legislative Building. This will be my 3rd time attending and I can tell you of all the shows I have been to, this is my favorite!

Blue One and Stllrng. like this.
  7. uncle buck

uncle buck

I heard this morning that there have been a few changes. My understanding is the original 1100 car cutoff has changed to 1400 cars registered, the parking in front of the host hotel is now ab bike lane and the Empress Hotel is not allowing cars on the front lawn this year. I guess We’ll see in a couple weeks

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Yeah the Empress didn’t allow cars on the lawn last time either due to new owners who seem to want to cater to a younger non-traditional crowd who probably all drive Tesla’s.

9. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Good article but it didn’t mention the one time it was held in Chilliwack though.

10. I was working on my non deuce last night, getting it ready to go

D7BC1240-CEE8-4CD1-A2F9-EDB3D2CD3215.jpeg

11. RockyMtnWay

RockyMtnWay

Lucky enough to have met Al at the 2016 event. Doubt he will remember me in all the masses he exchanged pleasantries with, but you sure know the measure of a man when he is run that ragged and he is still kind and generous with his time to all those he crosses paths with.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2023
    Blue One and RetroSteel like this.