Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Ford 1933 body swap

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris Rijnbeek, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Chris Rijnbeek

Chris Rijnbeek

Hi Guys,

Maybe a dumb question.
    And I could not find any info about it in the forum, but could anybody tell me if I could swap a ford 1933 Fordor body with a 1933 Tudor body without to many modifications?

So I could still use the frame, fenders, hood etc from the Fordor.

Thx,

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2. AngleDrive

AngleDrive
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Same frame, front fenders, running boards and not sure but I think rear fenders are same for sedans. Coupe and roadster are different.

3. Squablow

Squablow

Yes, same rear fenders as well.

4ever18 and Chris Rijnbeek like this.
  4. Also put your general location in your profile. You can never tell when it will help.

Be sure to start by visiting your local DMV to find out what you need to do to make them happy. Probably not much. In California (again, where are you?) you used to fill out a "Statement of Facts" telling what you did and they would revise the registration accordingly.

Charlie Stephens

Chris Rijnbeek likes this.

5. adam401

adam401

You could swap that 2 door body on then convert it to a 3 window coupe. Woohaha evil thoughts.

6. Be sure to sell the 4 door body before you take everything apart. Just a thought, what is wrong with a Fordor (I must be getting old).

Charlie Stephens

patmanta and Hnstray like this.
  7. Chris Rijnbeek

Chris Rijnbeek

Thx Guys for taken the time to reply.

I am keeping the Fordor body!
    I like the cleaner look of the Tudor at this moment, but a perspective can change over time...

I could not find any dimension drawings about the Tudor/Fordor, does anyone have these?

Thx, Chris

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

8. alchemy

alchemy

Other than the middle of the body where the door openings are, the outside profile of a '33 fordor is the exact same as a '33 tudor.

9. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Personally, I would drive the wheels off of a 33 fordor before I went to the expense and effort to locate, purchase, and swap a tudor body on or at least while I was looking for and cleaning one up.

10. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

"I could not find any dimension drawings about the Tudor/Fordor, does anyone have these?"
    The dimensional drawings come from the Ford Salesman's manual, very hard to find and ridiculously valuable.
    I believe they are reprinted in a pamphlet titled something like "1933 Ford Restorer's Guide"
    It seems to be out of print but there are some on Ebay

11. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

34 fordors make cool hot rods! Glad you are keeping it.

12. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

The dimensional drawings and measurements are in the 33-34 Restoration Book available on The Early Ford V-8 Club of America Website.Very useful publication.Here is a link:
    https://shop.efv8.org/collections/ford-books/products/1933-1934-ford-book-softbound

Chris Rijnbeek and kidcampbell71 like this.