Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Daganham Ford Plant film circa 1936, 21 stud V8, English Fords

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kidcampbell71, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Interesting flick - circa' 1936, from Ford.

You'll have to disregard the 22hp rating, the road tax resulted in specific horsepower ratings being devised ... we know different.

2. That was good, thanks for posting. Check the English Ford rear radius rods 8:23

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Very Cool, as a first generation American I can totally relate to this video. My Grandfather was a coal miner in Yorkshire ,and my Dad emigrated to America as an established Engineer. Wondering what the total sales of Ford V8s was in England as most folks couldn't afford the petrol. Much more common was the model Y and later the Prefect or Anglia.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. Stueeee

Stueeee
    from Kent, UK

Can't answer on the numbers, but when I was growing up, I'd probably see 20 or 30 Ford Y types/Populars/Anglias/Prefects for every V8, and that'd usually be the post war Ford V8 Pilot rather than a pre war model.

As well as the fact that Petrol has always been expensive in the UK, those 22 (Fiscal) HP V8s would have cost 22 GB Pounds per year in road tax Vs. 8 or 10 GBP for the small four cylinder Ford cars

5. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

A lot of work still done by hand in those days, now done by robotic machines. Looks a lot like the way we rebuild cars today.