Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newcomer to the site longtime Hotrodder

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Anthony Helmick, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Anthony Helmick

Anthony Helmick

Hello all, I joined the fourm to gain knowledge and see some cool old cars and trucks... My first ride was a 60 Chevy Apache in 1988. I drove it in high school but desided to restore it... lost interest afterwards and it ended up sold off in parts. I've always wanted to build another Pick-up to finish what I should've back in 1991.

Alot of cars have come and gone since then but you never get over your first one. I want to build it like I wished I could've when I was 18... Reading car magizines and Dreaming with empty pockets and Zero resources...
    I'll be stopping by frequently and asking Random questions.
    Thanks alot

Attached Files:

Unique Rustorations likes this.
  2. Welcome! Congratulations on a great introduction, great looking truck, don’t worry, you will find another. This is a great place, you and I are kind of kids around here. There is a bunch of great guys with lots to teach. Come along for the ride!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. rudestude

rudestude

Dr. Andy if you guys are the only kids here, that makes the rest of us what...? Go ahead say it..say it..I know you want to say old farts..but what you should say is , more advanced in life , knowledgeable, gentleman ...ya right...
    Anyways welcome Anthony and yes be prepared for a ride alright, and have fun, like I am with you two, really it's all good.
    By the way if your looking for another truck project I have a real solid 64 GMC pu that I would make you s hell of a deal on.
    I'm in Oregon

Sent from my SM-T387V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. You guys are the ones who know all the neat stuff and have the experience to back up what you teach us. Just like the senior mechanic in a shop. And us kids are ALWAYS listening. Especially when you teach us new swear words or new ways to use old ones!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

rudestude likes this.

5. rudestude

rudestude

Best not show any more pictures of that or talk about it or you will not be here very long. That's not allowed here ..
    Pre 64 Traditional Hot Rods and Customs Only.
    And some are not very polite about bringing that to your attention. Just letting you know.

Sent from my SM-T387V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.