Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Parts solvent

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dangerous Dan, Jun 30, 2019.

1. I spent over 5 years in the Canadian prairies, and saw more than my share of minus 40 weather, and never heard of that technique. If we get snow next winter, I am going to give it a try, just to see how well it works.
    Bob

2. Bigjake

Bigjake

My parts washer is full of red diesel. Works good and I don't mind the smell at all. I clean a lot of gun parts in that parts washer as well and the diesel leaves a nice film of oil on them and nothing ever rusts.

Old wolf likes this.
  3. On our very first date my Wife remarked you wear the same colone that my daddy does. I replied I aint wearing any. She stated you shure are. You smell like gas ,grease . oil and Diesel just like him. Her dad had a gas station. wreckers and worked on semi trucks.

48fordnut and Truckdoctor Andy like this.
  4. Holy crap! And I thought I worked for some Mickey Mouse outfits back in the late 50s. I still have nightmares about a bush overhaul of a D6. While working at the same haywire logging operation, a friend of mine managed to remove most of his teeth by hiballing a home made skidder on a corduroy road. It had a (new at the time) 58 FE engine mated to a Stude 5 speed tranny. He hit a bad bump at the same time he was attempting to change from 2nd to 3rd, and instead went into 5th. He lost control of the machine and went into a field of stumps, which tore the running gear off the machine. He was extremely lucky that he only lost his teeth.
    Bob

Old wolf likes this.
  5. jailbird

jailbird

6. jailbird

jailbird

sounds like lots of excitement in your neck of the woods

Old wolf likes this.
  7. back in the day we cleaned stuff where it broke down. used gas & diesel scraped and wire brushed, let the fluid out on the ground. Sometimes covered it with sawdust. sometimes set it on fire after we finished. They poured waste oil on the dirt roads to control the dust. this ole raggedy cement truck has a auxillary engine that turned the mixer. and it blew up and six yards of concrete set up in it. They tried to jackhammer it out. Then someone got to thinking. ( Dangerious when a inbred Arkie gets to thinking!) So they drilled several holes on the cement and loaded it with Dynamite. Blew up and peeled the mixer drum off like the lid on a sardine can. Left a giant hunk of cement still there hardly damaged. However Its not our fault. We are all kinfolks. There likely is truth to the thinking that cousins should not marry.

8. jailbird

jailbird

Peoria tt motorcycle race they used to put the oil to the dirt track I think epa stopped that
    traction and dust control all in one.
    yea I used to work at a few redi mix plants out of high school I know what your talking about
    Then earthmoving and mining
    As a matter a fact I have had not so good of a day I have found out that Chris Cline has passed away with his daughter and 5 others in a helicopter crash from a flight from the Bahamas to Fort Lauderdale
    If it had not been for Chris I would not have been able to do or have a lot of the things I enjoy
    I had the opportunity working for him thru my business at a few of his coal mines here in Illinois. Super guy the kind that cared for others well beings he was a guy that would get right down underground and work with the miners. This man took care of all his men always giving bonus an more bonus, He sure was somebody big he meant a lot and they don't make them like him to often
    God Bless Chris and his entire family.

Kan Kustom, 48fordnut and Old wolf like this.