Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 6.4 Quake in SoCal Today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flathead Dave, Jul 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

So, we just had a nice 6.4 roller come through SoCal. It was centered in the Mojave Desert. Lasted about 30 seconds.

Hope that no one was hurt and that no one has damage and that our Rods are good to go.

If anyone has sustained damage, please don't hesitate to let myself or another HAMBER know if you need help.

2. We had a 3.1 here in Randolph County Ar. 3 Am this morning. Centered 20 miles from my corner. We are about 100 miles as a crow flies from the New Madrid Fault. I never felt it. I was asleep.

Deuces likes this.
  3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

6.4 today was not too far from Gene Winfield's shop in Mojave

4. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

I'm about 12 miles from Mexico and it was rolling here...

lothiandon1940 and Deuces like this.

5. lake_harley

lake_harley

Hmmm. I'm about 70 or 80 miles North of New Madrid and if it rumbled here I sure didn't feel it....slept right through. I did have an awesome dream though that I found a really nice '58 Vette for sale in Oregon for $6500 and drove it home. I was disappointed when I woke up to the reality that I still don't own a '58 Vette! :(

Lynn

6. Deuces

Deuces

:D

7. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

If Rosie would have fallen off a bar stool that quake should have caused all of California to fall in the ocean

8. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Attached Files:

9. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Tasteful as ever. I get tired of people slagging people because of their size. I wonder why that is OK here and comments on politicians, ethnicity, etc. are forbidden

10. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Just saw some footage on WGN (KTLA's sister station in Chicago) showing two vintage cars burned up in a garage fire caused by a gas line ruptured by the quake. One appeared to be a 1941 Buick torpedo sedan; the other was a '46-'48 Chrysler Town and Country convertible (that one had black plates).:(:(:(

Old wolf likes this.
  11. If a quake or anything took out a substation. It might be a long time before power was restored to that area. Because they don't have extra transformers. Those are made overseas.

12. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I certainly do not disagree with your comments. Only want add that this is nothing new. This ‘ol planet has been evolving for a very, very long time and changes in topography and climate have been the norm, some quite dramatic.

13. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Yes this is so very true, and people need to start and understand that. This planet has been evolving all its life, and will continue to do so

gggholson, egads and Hnstray like this.
  14. Yes the only constant is change. and there is no authority that can state let alone dictate just what a normal or optimal climate is or should be. However when you in the beginning stage of a End of An Age pole shift the clatyclismic events only increase in magnitude and frequency. Im not saying the poles will reverse anything soon. However the north magnetic pole has been increasing the speed of its shifting position. It went from a few feet per decade to several miles per year. Its not mans fault. Man did not cause it and man cannot mitigate it.

ottoman and Hnstray like this.
  15. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Hope all are safe.

Stogy likes this.
  16. toml24

toml24

I felt it in Manhattan Beach. I'm a veteran of all So-Cal quakes since 1971. Never, ever get accustomed to them. Sudden, instant, no warning. Beyond bad if you're at ground zero. At least this one was in the daylight hours.

Stogy, Hnstray and Jalopy Joker like this.
  17. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

think a 7.1 just hit.

Stogy likes this.
  18. I remember feeling a bit one as a kid in Marmaduke. Around the mid seventies. Having several rollers around here (so-cal desert) lately.

19. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Just had a 7.1 down graded to a 6.9 tonight.

20. deucemac

deucemac

Watching the tv reports right now. The Cal Tech people say that there have been 1400 pre and after shocks since yesterday. Anywhere from hardly noticeable to the 7.1 biggest today. They also said that aftershocks lasted 3 years after the last big quake here in California.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.