Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Storing a car off pavement?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by greasemonkey54, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Some mention Chicken?

Damn now I am getting hungry.

damned lizards way to small to put on the Q here

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. samurai mike

samurai mike

I had a big cedar tree blow down, cut it into 10 inch thick rounds, put one under each tire. helps keep it from sinking into the ground also.

3. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Main thing is to keep ground moisture under the car to a minimum, otherwise it'll creep up and rust out the underside of the car.
    Use heavy black plastic sheeting as a vapor barrier, then as southcross advised cover with asphalt shingles. Or, get a roll of rolled roofing and roll it out on top of the plastic.
    Use log rounds or solid concrete footing piers (not cinder blocks) to get it up off the ground a bit. Desiccant packs and Bounce dryer sheets for the interior and dryer sheets under the hood to help ward off rodents.

4. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Those metal panels are a good idea , but beware there are reptiles that will find and live under those and may make their way into your prized possession. That would not be fun .

5. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Can you run an outdoor fan in the tent safely to keep air moving it will keep critters out and the moisture down on and under the car. Or rent one of the storage containers they use to ship stuff on the ocean and set it up as a temporary garage.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

6. .................That's hilarious!:D........But don't forget the refrigerator and sofa on the front porch!;)

jim snow, belair and olscrounger like this.
  7. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

have one 'iguana' in cooler now, might cook it ths wk end. should be like gator or chicken

8. Well, I saw more sofas on the front porch in North Carolina when I was staying up there.

9. Terrible80

Terrible80

I don't know if I agreed with it, but my
    dad always blocked under frame and took the weight off the suspension. Tarpped with a canvas tarp under a HF plastic crap tarp.( Paint was already shot.)

10. Gman0046

Gman0046

Anyone attending the NSRA 50th Nats in Louisville, Kentucky there are several Mexican restaurants around town called Señor Iguanas. The best Iguana around at reasonable prices.

11. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

All this talk about eating iguanas, I hope yall are just joking. The news on my ISP homepage (ATT) has a story about a guy in FL eating an iguana on a dare, and slowly dying a horrible death from salmonella poisoning. To quote they said he "rotted from the inside out":eek:

56don likes this.
  12. belair

belair

Don't ask about the menu at "Senior Gato". And that was a raw gecko, @dirty old man

31Vicky with a hemi likes this.
  13. Don't be eatin' no 'unclean meat'. Its unclean for a reason...

14. 1ton

1ton

Interesting topic. Lately I've been wondering about the adverse affects of having a gravel driveway. Been raining a lot this year and I'm concerned with the daily drivers that don't ever get to park inside. I will pave it when there is money set aside but I will have to make cut backs on normal spending to make it happen.