Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Syracuse Nationals

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 28 Ford PU, Jul 1, 2019.

1. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

I’ve never been to the Syracuse Nationals and have a few questions for those that have attended in the past.

1. Anyone know of any cheap sleep? I don’t camp or even tent.

2. Do they allow E-Z Ups at your space.

3. I see some show parking on grass. How difficult is it to get some green space.

4. Thinking of going on Friday. When do they start letting cars on the grounds?

Any other tips that I haven’t listed or didn’t think about would be appropriated.

Thanks
    Doug

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Ric Dean

Ric Dean
    from Central NY

Syracuse Nationals
    1. It is a 3 day + 2 days setup for venders etc so get on the phone now, try to stay out of the Sanctuary City. I live 50mil North of Syr and I see Motels loaded with Street Rods way up here, last year there were 95,000 people, 8,200 cars, 650 Campers
    2. whats a E-Z Ups ?
    3. If you get a grass spot keep it, if you move out someone will move in. NY State tore down the 'Miracle Mile Race Track' so that grass infield is now gone. There is still Grass and Tree lined Avenues with Big Old Coliseum Buildings all over the place.

Get online ask questions. There is an online Aerial view, I couldn’t find it for you but maybe you can.
    Try this, https://syracusenationals.com/

28 Ford PU likes this.
  3. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

Hey Ric thanks for the info. The E-z up thing is a folding canopy to block sun. I can’t spend hours in the sun with some of the medications I need. I’ve been to some shows that won’t allow them.

Right now I’m 50/50 about attending. I would love to go but I can’t fork out 5-6 hundred bucks to go to a car show. I’m thinking about putting Harbour freight cheap tarps on the sides of the EZ and camp out right there. I’ll probably get booted out my snoring will give me away

4. 52lomofo

52lomofo

I thought e z ups was adult diapers

5. Yes you can use e z ups they open the gates when the Hot Rods line up reach the high way so it always changes. I usually roll in around 7 AM on Friday and Saturday with no waiting. There is a lot more grass parking now than there used to be. We leave the e z ups set up all weekend with no issues. However I don’t know about sleeping in one. Hope to see you there. Hobo Jim

28 Ford PU likes this.