Register now to get rid of these ads!

History '36 chevrolet sedan delivery w/quarter glasses

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 92sb, Jul 3, 2019.

1. 92sb

92sb

Hello Everyone just joined. I have a mystery I'd like to solve, please chime if use full. I have a '36 chevrolet sedan delivery with quarter glass windows that look factory. The wood which is structural is original. The steel skin is nailed to this wood and all appear excellent and looks age appropriate. The car appears in 75 years of chevrolet book by George H. Damman. There was some talk about being purpose built, because it did not have an extended wheelbase & body. It had a back and front seat for passengers. It was believed to be built by chevrolet for the Tennesee Valley Authority in a fleet of 12 vehicles. I also read in a Chevrolet History 1929-1939 by John D Robertson that 12 sedan deliveries went to other coach builders in production figures quoted. Back then Chevrolet did do modifications for fleets and exceptional clients. The proposed use as supervisors car and hall lumberjacks to work stations. I have never seen or heard of another. Fill me with truthful knowledge. Many Thanks and Happy 4th of July. Stephen

2. squirrel

squirrel

Hi, welcome to the HAMB.

First rule is you gotta post pictures of your car, if you want help with it. :)

3. ^^^^Yes,and 2nd rule is give us some info in your profile.

4. Ya, like where you from?

5. Lets see a photo, my mental telepathy is not working to good lately! :D HRP

6. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Stephen,

A picture is worth a thousand words and helps draw interest.

Just sayin